1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
I would also like to say I like my 2.2 it kicks Ass:thumbup:

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Look at it this way...someday it may grow up..develop 2 more cylinders and be a real truck lol

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
i wish mine would grow up and develope 2 more cylinders that would be sweet! 350 baby!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I want to get rid of mine for a 4.3

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Grounded said:
I want to get rid of mine for a 4.3
HAHAHAHHA SO much for the 2.2 for life...good decision grounded....won't be sorry...:thumbup:

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
I just want to modify mine to beat 4.3's, then I'll be happy with the ****ty motor.....It just needs turbo, or nitrous, and some new pistons, and some this....and that.......and, its so much work, but it'll still be putting the smack on 4.3's

Caleb

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
hehe but the v6's stock arent really that fast:)

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
CynicX said:
hehe but the v6's stock arent really that fast:)
CYN, YOUR DISSAPOINTIN' US 4.3 BOYS lol ....OK there not that fast but.......ya sure can make 'em quick.....:thumbup:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Why did you go with 3.42 gears instead of 3.73 or 4.10's?

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
oh hell ya i know you can make em fast and its a good base to start from but mine is probably gonna stay stock.....i want to get all the life out of it i can.....what does a lower temp t-stat do? does that help engine life any?

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Grounded said:
Why did you go with 3.42 gears instead of 3.73 or 4.10's?
Cause the only gear you can get with the auto in the 6 is the 3.42's:thumbup:

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
CynicX said:
oh hell ya i know you can make em fast and its a good base to start from but mine is probably gonna stay stock.....i want to get all the life out of it i can.....what does a lower temp t-stat do? does that help engine life any?
Lower temp stat does nothing for engine life. engines are actually calibrated for higher temp. if you dont reprogram the ecu for the new therm will not see any change in performance. can actually hurt performance becuase truckwill never go to closed loop mode..

·
littleX10
70 Posts
2.2 I love it

I also have a 2.2 xtreme and don't care if I can be faster than a 6 cyl equipped car or truck. But I do want to slightly modify for more city acceleration so as not to be so easily passed. What gets me is my auto transmission wants to redline the puppy if your into throttle at half or beyond. And the shifts are'nt positive enough to hold constant acceleration through shifts. Robbing the high reving engine of horsepower. I am running Mobil 1 to keep the engine happy for years. I would love to keep this one until paid off. I bought it brand new 8 months ago. And now it has 6600 mi. And its already had a new passenger door and repaint of the right side. Got to love those insured drivers and companies who fix your car when the things hit the fan. Or in my case the right side of your truck. Anyway I think this site is cool and I am going to pay particular attention to this section.

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
02redxblazer...thanks for the info

reddichevyxtreme....you have any mods done to your x yet?

·
littleX10
70 Posts
Negative I am running a completely stock Xtreme reg cab auto
white w/grey int. I am ashamed of myself and will quickly add mods when I can afford them. I also plan to submit pictures very soon. Thanks s10 people for your owning these things too.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts