S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The exhaust manifold on my truck has a few holes in it. I have always heard that they are notorious for cracking/developing holes. I am going to have it replaced soon. Is there a stock style manifold out there that is of better quality or is this just a weak point that will have to be replaced every so often?

·
Administrator
22,387 Posts
Since you haven't gotten any responses to your question, I'll move this to the 2.2L 2nd Gen 4 Banging forum..

·
Boozebag
9,124 Posts
Cost wise, a stainless header is a good bet and is a direct bolt in. You might see a little improvement in performance.
The iron manifolds I have seen are not cheap and they may have the same issues as the original.
I have installed 2 stainless header replacements and they have posed no problems and are still running.
They are also more attractive than the lump of iron called a manifold.
They are also easy to install with common tools.
Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cost wise, a stainless header is a good bet and is a direct bolt in. You might see a little improvement in performance.
The iron manifolds I have seen are not cheap and they may have the same issues as the original.
I have installed 2 stainless header replacements and they have posed no problems and are still running.
They are also more attractive than the lump of iron called a manifold.
They are also easy to install with common tools.
Just a suggestion.
I didn't consider stainless. I will include that in my search. Thank you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts