S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright.....The cavalier parts are easier to get, but what can actually be transferred, I know some people have used the cold air intakes, and I've been thinking about getting an APC one for the cavalier and working on it to fit the S-10

What else can we use?? Headers??? Computer chips??? What else??

Caleb

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its been discontinued, and I don't have a credit card to just get one off the internet, so I pay cash at the local hop-up shop and get **** ordered.....its been discontinued, so i spent that money on a exhaust,

Now I have the choices of Volant and K&N, and they're both over 200....so the APC cavvy intake is like 125 with filter......

Hmmmm if it will work, I will buy it, if not screw it...

Also I noticed, 2.2 Cavvy headers are cheaper than the ones for the S-10, didn't know if they'd work or not though

Caleb

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wel, it hasn't been discontinued, the local hop-up shop was just lazy....guess what? Auto zone can get my the whole kit for 149.99......

and they can get it in two days....well, thats where my paycheck is going

Caleb

·
14,970 Posts
SummerWolf said:
Wel, it hasn't been discontinued, the local hop-up shop was just lazy....guess what? Auto zone can get my the whole kit for 149.99......

and they can get it in two days....well, thats where my paycheck is going

Caleb
sweeet

so did ya hit the shack up today?

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nahh, I'm gonna try this, then get my clutch/pressure plate/throwout bearing from centerforce, then I might try to trick the computer......I wanna see what this CAI does first

Caleb

·
Registered
271 Posts
i dont think it will work

because the cav motors are mounted transverse due to front wheel drive so the intake plumbing will be totally different, its the same engine but its mounted differently so i dont think headers will work either.

·
Registered
10 Posts
just got to sport truck specialties. They make intakes, headers, engine parts, underdrive pulleys, chips and soon a turbo kit. Also try mantapart, they specialize in gm front wheel drive performance, so they will have engine parts. Any 2.2 cavvy parts will work except accesories like manifolds and throttle bodies. Is it really worth the money though? I have a 95 with a 2.2, it has a cold air intake, exhaust, & gutted cat. It improved greatly, but any stock import can roast me. Maybe its because of the 500 pounds of batterys and pumps in the bed though.

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
vallhawk069 said:
just got to sport truck specialties. They make intakes, headers, engine parts, underdrive pulleys, chips and soon a turbo kit. Also try mantapart, they specialize in gm front wheel drive performance, so they will have engine parts. Any 2.2 cavvy parts will work except accesories like manifolds and throttle bodies. Is it really worth the money though? I have a 95 with a 2.2, it has a cold air intake, exhaust, & gutted cat. It improved greatly, but any stock import can roast me. Maybe its because of the 500 pounds of batterys and pumps in the bed though.
Stick to stylin. :D Of course we could drop ya in a v8 and you can look good and drive fast, too! :D

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmmm, can I get this V8 deal too...

I want either an LS-1, LT-1, ZZ-4, 327, or HIGHLY built 305......with a 6 spd or 5 spd behind it......

What can ya do??

I need power!!

·
Registered
992 Posts
why a 305? fully build a 350 instead. or the LS1.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Built 305= pretty damn fast!!! One of my friends has one in a 83 S-10, thing hauls balls and its not even that built-up, cam pistons and a edelbrock intake, some other various things....but did you guys not notice me putting various 350's BEFORE the 305???

Caleb

·
minitruckin alcoholic
1,742 Posts
i understand that the weapon r intake will fit on the 2.2L also, is this correct? and if so, do i order it for a cavalier or what?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello???????????????????????? Sport Truck specialties, APC, FBI, and MIC already make kits. They all use K&N filter except they make their own tubes, so they are pretty much identical. I would recomend using the Sport Truck Specialties kit because they have barckets to mount it to the A/C. I bought a FBI and it sits too close for comfort and nothing really holds it but it has stayed, even with me bouncin a foot with juice. If u r still too cheap u can buy universal tubes from a speed shop, or the last alternative is to use 3" exhaust peices that could be bought at an auto parts.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got an APC one on order...should be here wednesday....the only reason I even brought this up was because I don't have a credit card, and no one around here could get 2.2 CAI's.....the K&N one I could get for 329 bucks, and I ordered an APC one one time before and it was backordered so I got my exhaust, but auto zone said they can have it here and they had like 3 in their warehouse so IT'LL BE HERE WEDNESDAY OR IM MURDERING SOMEONE!!!

Jk...The 2.2 Cavvy parts were like Next day shipments though, thats why I was wondering.....APC CAI with filter 159.99+ tax at auto zone.....Its the APC filter, but I'll just change that out after winter to a K&N so I can say I did it

Caleb

·
Registered
201 Posts
Don't waste all that money Caleb

Save the money you would put into an intake, turbo, chip, or any other mode for your 2.2 and just do an engine swap. You'll have more power, it will cost less, and it will most likley run better when your finished.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well man, want to help me find and build a 350 and make it pass emissions and be reliable and get me a new tranny and throw it all in my dinky engine bay so I can kill myself with no traction??

And yes, I am serious.....this was my goal after the 4 banger blew......

I wanted to blow it using too much nitrous.....I want to laugh at the poor 2.2 pulling like a mofo and then blow up......

I'd be cracking up....damn 2.2

Caleb

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm serious.
If you actually wanted to build up a 350, I would help you build it and drop it in.

Course, then again I would help you put a 150 wet shot on your 2.2 also. Damn that would be funny. Maybe you could melt all four pistons AND blow the welds off of the intake manifold all in one quater mile run! The you would have a story. AND an empty engine bay begging for a V8, or at least a 4.3.

Ohh and to anyone w/ WAY too much money to put into performance parts check these guys out. They put LT1/LS1/LT4 engines in s10s... For an @SS load of $$$.

www.lhtperformance.net

1 - 20 of 31 Posts