S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey if i cant get my 2.2 to stop tappin, i might consided going to a 4.3 v-6. what would i need to have to do the swap, and what parts, and would the 5-speed i have in there right now wrk w/ the 4.3? like match up and be ok w/ all that new power from the motor, please help me out!, thanx steve

·
Sold
4,592 Posts
your going to need the trans from a 4.3 yours won't bolt to it.some of things you will need are the y-pipe,computer,motor mounts,wiring harness(not to sure on that one) and alot of time thats about the best i could say.

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx joe..... i have decided to go 4.3 most of the motor is already gone, so the mini has now turned into a project!! to say the least

·
Camaro Owner, S10 Lover.
148 Posts
If I was doing a motor swap, why not drop a V8. Summit sells the kits for cheap! You could easily build a 500HP V8 small block that fits nicely in an S10 engine bay. Or, even better an LT4 =)

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanx john, it would be cool, but right now i have to use with what i can. and thats a 4.3 motor but i think that when the 4.3 needs a rebuild i'll sell that, and then go full power to a v-8

·
Camaro Owner, S10 Lover.
148 Posts
Why cant you get a V8? You can buy crate motors delivered to your door for a few G's. Just a thought. Anytime a motor is swapped, I say go for your dream motor!

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i think thats what im going to do if this motor i might get doesnt work out, cause then i wouldnt have to worrie about the comp and all.

i would like the same setup i had im my 86' z-28 5.7 v-8 350 turbo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts