S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need to find or make a speaker box that will allow for 2 12" speakers, but when the seats are fully back still allow for 9 and 1/2" from the back of the seat to the speaker box. I have a toolbox that's 9 1/2" wide that needs to go back in there. I have looked all over Ebay and all the boxes are too big, but there was one box that had a 8 1/2" bottom depth.

Here are the measurements I have for my truck:

Height from floor to rear window: 24"
Width from jumpseat to 3rd door: 47"
Distance from Xcab jack and tire iron cover to seat: 14"
Distance from rear wall to seat: 17"

Keep in mind these measurements were taken wit a lot of crap still in the back and the seats back as far as they will go. I'm 6'1" so the seats have to stay back.

What are your experiences and suggestions?

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
ever wonder what those tools are going to sound like when the bass hits them? or if you mount the subs forward, the noise they will make by hitting the toolbox? remove the spare and cut the bracket off, you'll get a good bit of space there. just shove the jack under the seat.

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SMNW2003 said:
build your own box, toss the jack and your toolbox in the bed
I have a bed mounted box thing.. It came from a toyota pickup that fell 15' in the air and landed 10' from where I was standing. My buddy has a wrecking business and he was trying to stack it on his trailer on top of two vans with an S15 already on top of an astrovan. The problem was that he lost control of the toyota when it was on hsi forklift. It was actually pretty funny to see the toyota do a noseplant right in front of me.

Anyway, the bed box is not wide enough for the bed, so it sits loose in the bed and I can't really put anything in it. I will probably build my own like you said.

·
Registered
37 Posts
check out www.subthump.com they have custom boxes for the S10's,also have actuall pic of the boxes mounted in the truck so it gives you a better idea how it would look in yours.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts