S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Still 2 High
7,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there enough room to put 2 10" JL w3's behind the seat of my reg. cab s10? Or do they need more airspace then what I have?

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
as long as you have subs designed for a small sealed enclosure or an mid sized ported you should be fine. what kind of amp are you running?

·
Still 2 High
7,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MiniMouse-I plan on running a fosgate punch amp. But i'm just starting to get my system planned out.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
JollyGreenMini said:
MiniMouse-I plan on running a fosgate punch amp. But i'm just starting to get my system planned out.
actually... it is MightyMouse.:D :drinkhaha

·
Registered
201 Posts
Just to show you it is possible!

I know someone who lives in my area that put 16 10's in his reg cab full size '95 chevy.

If its possible to 16 of them into a fullsize reg cab. 2 in a mini truck is very possible.

·
Registered
201 Posts
A good pair of 10s is all you need for db and sq. I recomment MA Audio. But if you go w/ those you better get one beefy amp. For that i suggest MMATS amps.

If you have any more audio questions just let me know. I've done all my own installs as well as many of other peoples.

·
Still 2 High
7,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
$1000

Well, i'm just gonna go to the place nearest me that installs. Hand them $1000, and tell them I want it loud, and I want it to thump hard.....

·
Still 2 High
7,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The only reason I can is, I just sold my 4-wheeler. That was $5000 in my pocket. Half of it went to the race car, and half into my truck.

·
layn frame N flyn sparks
195 Posts
its very possible

I have two JL 10w3's running off of a kenwood 600 watt amp. all I had to do was remove the bracket behind the passenger seat that held the jack, then I built the box to fit. It has the right amount of air space in the box for the 10w3's. It sounds really good everyone is supprised they cant beleve two 10 can put out that much bass. So go for it run two 10w3's you will be happy with the results.

Jay

K

·
0 Posts
if you really want a big system just put a shell on you bed and put a walkthrough in and pile the speaker up..i know a boy with 3- 15" Rockford Punch....and that shit shakes your head for real...but i just have 10' mtx in a mtx thunderform....and tuned just right that bitch shakes your head too...you have to remember you have a small space...soo...anything will basically sound good...one ten works for me!1

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
same here man i have a mtx sound system in mine and have only one ten it kicks @zz, peeps say yeah right only one ten and then when they see it they are like oooh man that is only one ten, so i think that really to get phat bass in the cab its self go with a ten" sub

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Well, I guess that settles it. I've been wanting to know what you guys think of the Thunderforms and now I know. I'm gonna get one of those badboys.

·
Still 2 High
7,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I thought about a cap, and puttin 4 12's in the bed. But i just dont like the looks of a cap on a truck. And this is only temperary. Once I get the money, I want 4 12's in the bed with just a cut out in the cab and bed. Not a complete walkthrough. What do you all think of JL Audio? I was thinkin 2 JL10W3's and a couple Blaukpunt 6x9's.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts