S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
audio, video, and a boatload of knowhow
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me what mods need to be made to put the 17inch Camaro ss rims on a first gen 2wd. I can get a really good deal, but if they wont fit I don't want them lying in the garage. Thanks in advance:confused:

·
Still plays with sparks
457 Posts
well, I have seen 17x8.5 fit nicely in the front, and I have seen people fit 17x9, but they stick out the side of the truck, they look bad. If you get um see if you can get a pair of 17x8.5's, I know thats what they run in new Vette's

And yea, You will need spacers! what size will depend on the backspacing on your rim. hope this helps!

·
ESSTEN Concepts Founder
465 Posts
Hey,
A friend of mine in our Indy chapter mounted up some 2k1 Camero SS rims on his 97 SS10. He was going to work out a deal with me, but we found out that they are inset too far and the lower control arm will need to be notched quite a bit.. which I wasn't too fond of that idea. They fit fine on his with OF COURSE some thickazz adaptors. But they look sweet no less.. It's a shame GM made these rims a frontwheel drive Offset. But not without their reasons...They did this solely for performance, handling curves etc. I just wasn't wanting to cut on my control arms and whatever else just to mount these up.

Mike
EC Founder

1 - 4 of 4 Posts