S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Norweign Nightmare
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a long layoff I am finally getting back into minitruckin'

When I left 16" were the big wheels of the day, now 20" are somewhat common. My questions is, I am going to put some 17" wheels on my truck. I really like the Boyd timeless wheels. What back spacing shoud I get. I have heard 205/40-17 tires work well with s10

I have 2" spindles and bags up front and a 3" leaf, 2" blocks, a notch and bags in the rear.

Thanks for any help

Eric

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have coils and spindles up fornt with some 17x8s. I run 225/45 and they are close to right on the speedo(3% off) but the fronts rub when I hit a big dip. I recommend 17x7.5 or 8 with 215-40s. The backs do not rub, and I have leafs and 3" blocks. I got what the salesman at teh wheel shop called "stock offset" which I dont recall the numbers, but they look perfect and sit just right.

·
Norweign Nightmare
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information

I have contacted a few online places as well as on this forum and almost all recommend 17X7 with 4 inch BS or a 17X8 with 4.5 inch BS for the rear only. I think I will stick to 17 X 7 all around that way it will be easier to rotate and balance them. Now just waiting to sell some stuff to buy them.

·
ESSTEN Concepts Founder
465 Posts
yeah man, that's the setup you need. I mounted up 17x7s and 17x8s on my 87 using 205/40s and 225/40s and they both can tuck nicely. Here's a pic of a front angle I took to show you how they sit.

·
ESSTEN Concepts Founder
465 Posts
hey,
Currently here's the setup: hehe
Frt-2in. spindles, 2in. springs (with 1 coil cut out), and drop shocks
Rear- 3in. angled blocks, Mono'd factory leafs, Monroe airshocks(with in cab adjustability using 3/8s line and 300psi compressor.. also cut off the bumpstop bracket. I'm planning on getting 4in. blocks to even it out. It's low enough now where I have to drive it up on a 2x4 just to get the jack under the body mount LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts