S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
"Phat"boy
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the last drop I did was a static on a 2nd gen.

I haven't lowered a 1st gen in a long time. I did some searches, but there are to many different word combinations that it was taking forever to go through them all.

The question is - what is the lowest drop I can run on a 1st gen with ZQ8's? I dropped my 2nd on a 4/5, and the zeeks rubbed the tierods, so I had to buy some 17's.

I am wanting some decent looking rollers while I am building this truck, but I don't want to have a bunch of problems with lowering it. If the spacers are cheap and don't make the wheel stick out to far, I don't mind running those.

Right now, I have 2" drop spindles and 3" drop leafs. I DEFINATELY want to go lower, but a 2/3 on the zeeks are fine for the time being.

·
Backyard Special
1,344 Posts
So my question is what is the exact drop your looking to get for your 1st gen? Also the wheel/ tie rod run i had the same problem with my Z28's and I bought a 1/4 wheel spacer and it cured the problem but I should of gotten a 1/2 spacer maybe but I was worried it would stick the wheels out of the well ha good luck and pics are always great ha. also my truck with the z28 was dropped 6/7

·
"Phat"boy
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
eventually it will be at least a 4/5 but probably lower. But by then, I will be buying aftermarket wheels.

The question right now is - what is the lowest drop I can run on a 1st gen with ZQ8's? If 2/3 is the lowest, then 2/3 is what I will roll for now. If I can do a 3/4 with a spacer, then I will probably wait and not bother buying a spacer.

·
Backyard Special
1,344 Posts
any pics of current setup?

·
Backyard Special
1,344 Posts
dang looks pretty good for an '86 thats the same color of my old '88

1 - 6 of 6 Posts