S-10 Forum banner
101 - 120 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
wow, havent been on here in alm ost a month! been super busy with kids birthdays, Camp-n-drag, my truck getting broken into twice! along with building a large fort and bikes for the kids, life was kinda in the way... but im getting ready to start a new job so i will have a set schedule and time set aside to get this thing rolling! As of updates the only thing i have done is finish capping the top of my new frame, and some bracing. i should have pics by the end of the week, or sooner. see you then!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
go a few updates, not much since im workin 6-10s and its 2nd shift... so unfortunatly im behind, but i did see Taylor at C-N-D and gave him my frame-2-cab mounts show he can fab me up a shallow set of em.. more to come.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
re doing alot of the factory welds... looks like they tried to spray vertical down!? any way here are some before and after pics

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
smoothing out my frame rails... thought they might look better that way..?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
thanks, i just got the d/s pinch weld cut... finally. Im hoping to have it welded up by next sunday. (fingers crossed)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
should have pics in a week or so... I will have some time on it this sunday night for sure, and hopfully a few hours on it sat night after work. At least get the cab sitting on the frame to see how much more i need to cut. Ill be sure to take a handfull more pics!

·
Deadlines are Overrated
3,025 Posts
awesome work but i know i've seen on here in a few threads that layin the steel 2" high is no bueno. eventually your frame is gonna bow in the middle i beleive.

edit: http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f143/...d-helpful-tipz-412247/index2.html#post7123936

there's pics of the truck they're talkin about if you scroll up. but comparing that truck with yours, you didn't cut the middle of your stock frame completely out so idk, yours may not flex.
not tryin to be a dick, but pointing out something i noticed.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
thanks for the heads up, and thats why i have a thread is for imput. And i checked it out and that looks sketchy, my 2x3 lines the frame 5 ft, and im looking into adding another crossmember/brace just behind the cab, plus all the boxing... plus i dont believe i will have to cut that far up on my frame being its a 1st gen... i will find out when i get my cab on in a week or so.

·
Deadlines are Overrated
3,025 Posts
ok cool. like you said, the 2x3 lines the existing frame so it might not be an issue. but i know you shouldn't lay it 2" high on its own. Keep up the good work tho!!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
Got the D/S pinch weld tackd together for now, and i made the first real cuts to the floors so i can install new floor pans, mine not so good... So it looks like i will still have to cut the floor at the foward most section where the frame all ready curves up. I will however prolly end up splitting the difference between the frame and floor pans. I will get some more pics this week, but here are a few....

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
Question.... could someone tell me what the total height of a first gen laying frame, no BD....? wondering how much im actually gonna get, as it sits on my frame table its a half inch short of 4 feet tall.

101 - 120 of 129 Posts