S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Dirty Fingz
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i love the interior of my 91 s-10 but the bench seat has to go, are there any bucket seats i can pull from another vehicle that are a direct or simple bolt in? i dont mind changing tracks if i have to. Do 3rd/4th gen Camaro/Firebird seats bolt directly into a 1st gen. S-10? im new to the S-10 so any info would help me out a lot thanks.

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
SlamThaTwoFive said:
i love the interior of my 91 s-10 but the bench seat has to go, are there any bucket seats i can pull from another vehicle that are a direct or simple bolt in? i dont mind changing tracks if i have to. Do 3rd/4th gen Camaro/Firebird seats bolt directly into a 1st gen. S-10? im new to the S-10 so any info would help me out a lot thanks.
well you can do what i did recently which is get some buckets out of a blazer or ext. cab s10 (1st gen) and the tracks too toss the bench and the 2 holes on the closest to the doors on each track will bolt right up to the studs where the bench was attached and you'll just need to drill 4 holes 2 on each side throw a couple bolts in and you have factory lookin buckets

·
Dirty Fingz
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks a lot. about how much did these run you at the junkyard? and will 2nd gen blazer/s-10 seats work too?

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
well i scored mine for 20 bucks total $10 a piece including tracks. as far as the 2nd gen seats i dunno, i cant imagine why they wouldnt work even if you could swap them to 1st gen tracks but maybe someone else can shed some light on if they work or not

CLICK HERE for a pic of my seats (they look better in person) they came from a 88 blazer

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
haha yea 10 bucks a piece is standard price for a seat around here. done with them? lol i havent even started yet

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have an '89 std. cab that had a bench and I got seats out of a Pontiac Sunfire and tracks out of a Blazer. The tracks bolted right up and I just had to drill the inner holes to mount the seats to the floor. I am very happy with them, I like the look better that the factory Blazer seat, they have a head rest instead of being a 1 piece seat. Got the seats for $50 and the tracks for $10. Sorry, I don't have any pics.

·
Registered
4 Posts
the seats out of a honda prelude work real well. they require changing the tracks but theyare so much more comfortsble and they allow for bigger subs behind the seats.

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
damn tony where did you get seats for $10, when i priced mine out the guy was like $60 for each, i guess he wa being *****y hook me up fiya can man....

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
whitebowtie9 said:
damn tony where did you get seats for $10, when i priced mine out the guy was like $60 for each, i guess he wa being *****y hook me up fiya can man....
haha, i was just at another junk yard in williamstown that had blazers with buckets and consoles still in them, now i didnt ask how much but for other stuff he was resonable

·
Registered
6 Posts
the seats out of a honda prelude work real well. they require changing the tracks but theyare so much more comfortsble and they allow for bigger subs behind the seats.
How do the tracks have to be changed? I want to put Hyundai Tiburon seats in mine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts