S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Old Guy - Old Blazer
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to replace the stock gauge cluster without tach in my '84 Blazer with a same-style gauge cluster with tach. I cant get the new cluster to work! Anyone else done this swap????
Help!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
if yours didnt have a tach, then theres no wiring for the tach.
you'll have to add the wires. i think you can run one from the coil (positive Side i think, cant remeber of hand) to the the cluster without any problems, you just need to find which terminal on the cluster wiring plug is for the tach

·
Old Guy - Old Blazer
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I realize I will have to run new wiring for the tach. Its the rest of the gauges that wont work that concerns me. I have been told by some people that the tach cluster is a direct bolt-in swap for the original non-tach cluster,as in no re-wiring ,except for the new tach leads.

·
Registered
65 Posts
tach swap

You should have a tach post on your dist. cap. The other wire should go to your ign. switch. Check your ground connection. Do the dash light work ? Do you have the light weight plastic with copper going all over the back of the board? you might have a broken connection. You might have to do some pin switching on your harness. If you get get to the donor vehicle, check wire colors to see if they line up with the ones in your vehicle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts