S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Dr. Pepper is ma BITCH
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any way to swap the dash from my '84 and put in a newer first gen dash? mines got the divided instruments which i don't like. do they fit and would it be a hell job to do.
thanxz:(

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
Ranger_Custom said:
is there any way to swap the dash from my '84 and put in a newer first gen dash? mines got the divided instruments which i don't like. do they fit and would it be a hell job to do.
thanxz:(
I am not sure if it would be a direct replacement or you will need to swap the whole dash out.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Dash Change

If you can find the dash and door panels out of a 88/89 model the parts bolt right in.It is a little work though,mostly the wiring and heater controls.I think the later dash looks better.I done it on my 82 and am glad of it!

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
i personally like the older 1st gen dash better you have mor options to it you can toss new gauges in it and you cand o a lot more trim options to it where as my 89 has no options that i have found without going to like a sy/ty cluster

·
Bolt-On Body Dropz
2,617 Posts
before i bought my 88, the kid put an entire interior out of a 93 in it

·
Hardcore 1st Gen'r
2,869 Posts
i'm going the opposite way. my dash in my 88 is so bad i'm replacing it with the older style. the reason being is i want to get rid of that long tray. it's gonna be a little different than stock though.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I dont like etiher the first and second dash so im going with a aftermarket dash thats made out of fiberglass. I forgot the companys name, but when i find Ill let you guys know about it.

LATER, RCKBTTM

·
Hardcore 1st Gen'r
2,869 Posts
the pic is from ssf. a guy has it on there. go to interior styling/the post about sunbird seats. you can probably ask him where he got it.

·
Visual-Insanity.org
249 Posts
You can not just swap the gauge cluster.... 84 has the flat dash with resessed gauges. The entire dash will have to be replaced. It shoud bolt right in though.

·
Registered
78 Posts
dash

You have to swap out the whole complete dash. My blazer was done from the newer dash to the older one. My S10 Im trying to do the same thing go from the new dash to the old one but I can't find an old dash.

·
Bolt-On Body Dropz
2,617 Posts
on my dash i am probably going to smoooooth alot of sh!t out on it using fiberglass and maybe shave the middle air vents, i was gonna put gauges in there but i dont think the vents are tall nuf to hold them. i havent really measured. i am measuring and designing a center console though b/c i have a complete interior from a 93. im gonna make a fiberglass one and probably put ampere gauge in it and maybe later on after bags ill put some more gauges, not sure yet

1 - 15 of 15 Posts