S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
The Animal
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a 93 with a 2.8 and 5 speed for $650. the motor ran fine and the transmission shifted fine. i bought the truck with all intentions of a lsx swap. i got just about all my parts and have most of them installed. here are some pics, let me know what you think.

The truck when i bought it

Motor pulled out

Old 2.8

Front clip pulled off

Test fitted the LS1

Painted the cab white w/ House Of Kolor Ice Pearl

Spec stage 3 clutch installed

LS1 bolted in

·
Whats this for?
1,204 Posts
very nice! also nice choice on the white!
Cant wait to see this thing done! Looks like mine right now haha
Is the transmission on there? Or are you gonna install it with the engine bolted in?

Have you gotten the Clutch master and everything?

·
The Animal
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes the transmission is in. i bolted everything together then put it in. it was much easier that way. when i test fitted the motor the first time, i tried bolting the transmission on after the motor was in, it was a pain in the ass. ive got the master cylinder and the line put together, im planning on installing it this weekend.

·
Whats this for?
1,204 Posts
very nice, hopefully that master cylinder wont give you any more problems.
Lookin good man keep up the good work!

·
The Animal
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was forced to take a few mounths off due to a move. We have the new shop up and most of my stuff moved in. So i plan on starting again very soon.I still have been buying parts, so i will be going back to it in full force. I plan on pulling the motor back out due to a oil leak on the back of the pan. Hopefully this will be one of my only setbacks.

·
takes 2 balls in our game
5,666 Posts
its pretty much a bolt in if you have the tranny out...ls1 tech has plenty of info on this....

·
Registered
7 Posts
looks good im building a 5.3 1st gen im little futher than you not much tho if can help let me know im new to the sight but done many ls swaps ill get some photos on tomorrow

·
The Animal
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well i didnt get speed bleeder. I was in to much of a hurry to get the motor and trans back in. lol. My next question is, is it a pain to bleed the clutch once you get the bleeder cracked open? I have never blead one.

·
takes 2 balls in our game
5,666 Posts
You can try several methods....
(1) gravity bleed it...
(2) mighty-vac it...
(3) (takes 2 people)pump the hell out of it,crack the bleeder,repeat,let it sit over night...
One or the other works.....

·
New Guy
134 Posts
What engine harness re you using? Is it an F-body one? I am putting in an LS-1 and 6 speed in my 93' short bed stadard cab this summer. Have everything but the wiring.

·
The Animal
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got the harness from current performance. It is great just plug n play.

·
AcrophobiA
8,481 Posts
Looks good man. I'll be checking in on this one. And you know what, if that lil ole 2.8 is in your way. I'll take it off your hands. Haha

1 - 20 of 143 Posts