S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up everybody, 1st time posting! I was wondering if you guys could throw out any sugguestions on what to do to shave my tailgate latch on a first gen blazer. Not really the shaving part i'm having problems with mostly how to get the tail gate open when I do that. I have a electric pop for the window but I wont have the latch to open the tail gate with. I've tryed rigging a couple things like a handle inside but I havn't got it to work yet. If you guys have had any luck i'd appreciate it alot, thanks

·
Registered
222 Posts
what i was told to do by a guy on streetsource who did it was drill a small hole i the bottom of the tailgate and attch a piece of like fishin line or chain or somehting and then put a key ring on the end of it, attach the other end of the line to the latch assembly......and do the same for the window release.....i am just gonna figure somehting out for the window relaease cause i will be shaving my tailgate up....hope this helps\

joshey

·
Registered
132 Posts
aight cool sounds like it may work i have a push button release for the windo latch its the tailgate thats the problem

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
have you thot about a truck tailgate relocator? I am pretty much sure that with a bit of fudging one of them will work the only thing i can think of that would cause probems is needing a longer rod to hook it up and getting around the latch for the glass.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts