S-10 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
4x4muddevil
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #41

dash reinstalled after the new harness was mounted under the dash.

steering column and wheel from parts truck installed.it will get my orignal grant wheel later.

all the vacuum stuff,canister,hoses and the that junk are going in to my truck.

it all looks dirty, and nasty,its been sitting for 2 years. but when its cleaned,its nice!

·
4x4muddevil
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #42

all this stuff is coming from the parst truck and going in to my truck.

it looks rough now, but its so freaking close! all the interior work will take a few hours.it looks far from done, but its really close, id say about 3 more days working on it. so thats what, 27 hours of work left! 9 hours a day,3 days.

hope to have it running monday evening. ill make a vid and post it on youtube.

wish me luck.

·
4x4muddevil
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
this project is not moving along as fast as i planned.

i done a lot of work , too much to post, so ill start off with wat i need to finish.

install altenator after i swap pulleys.
install belt
install aircleaner assembly
drop the fuel tank, install new fuel tank/sending unit.
bleed the brakes.
******then i can drive it*********

mount my bumpers, mount my mud flares
the body needs adjusted (cab and bed/fender lines dont line up.)
the interior needs done (all i have is dash board,steering wheel and 2 seats in the cab!)

also gotta get the windshield installed, then i can get it registered and put some miles on it.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
awsome sounds like shes coming along good is that a rust hole on the firewall by the vacuum boost for your breaks

·
4x4muddevil
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
awsome sounds like shes coming along good is that a rust hole on the firewall by the vacuum boost for your breaks
yeah, but thats on the parts truck. after im done taking parts from it, the motor/trans/ rear end is getting pulled, along with the bed, and fenders, the rest is getting junked.
i might just pull the cab and junk it, keep the rest for another project later on.

·
4x4muddevil
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
finally got to start it up!!! runs good, no leaks, didnt blow smoke!

still need to button up things under the hood, secure the fan shroud.
install the bumpers, build the front valance (custom),swap the fuel tank/sending unit, new rubber hose for the fuel lines,install the interior , and get my windshield installed.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
nice sounds like u got about two days work left on it why build a front valance mine doesnt have the one that it came with on and i think it looks way better without

·
4x4muddevil
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
cuz my bumpers are them tube bumpers, and they stick out, leaves a big hole. im gonna throw the bumpers on for now, and worry about the valance later. the turn sigs are mounted to the tube bumpers.

ill have to get some pics, youll get the idea when you see it.
also no other s10 has wat im planning to build for the front valance.

i have to STILL swap fuel tanks, sand the body , do the camo paint job, install the bumpers, the interior still needs done, also gotta weld on my second muffler and pipe. all i have is dash board, pedals, stick shift, 2 seats.

later on ill pull the dash back out, i have to swap the heater box,and install the harness for it.\

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
oh ok gotcha on the bumpers pretty much like what my rear bumper is then im guessing ya i guess with the tube bumper u kinda need the vallance

so your getting close ur prob still better then me in some ways i can drive my truck but mine keeps poping outta 4wd

·
4x4muddevil
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
well , i have to remove the body lift to pass recon.

maximum body lift is 3 inches, i have a 3in body lift, but with the bushings its a little over 4inches. kinda bull crap.

and i cant cut the blocks down to 2 inches, so i have to remove it, or get a 1inch body lift... real stupid.
also since my truck has 8 shocks instead of 4 , it has brackets welded on, so i have to cut them off, and have them welded back on by a certified welder, and it has to be reconed within 30 days after getting the parts welded back on. same with the wheel alignment, other wise i have to do it all over again and pay for it. stupid hawaii laws man.

another delay in the project :rant:

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
sounds like a bunch of bullshit

·
Registered
2 Posts
yeah,but i only drove the truck around the parking lot a few times a down the road when i first got the motor rebuilt. (it ran at a high idle when not in gear,plates where expired, never could take out for a real drive)
after i put the motor back in , after first ride in the parking lot, the rear end started to leak, the front brakes where seized, i had it towed to the shop , then to a friends house where we did the body swap,axels swap and suspension rebuild. but soon itll be a 4.3 v6 in there.

this thing has s10,s15 ,blazer parts on it, its a mutt!!

im thinking of actuall swapping the dash board along the wiring too, and just camo that dash board, sell the 83 dash i guess.

or keep the 83 dash and get all after market guages.
any suggestions?
What axle did you use??

·
Administrator
22,608 Posts
Please do not bump dead threads. He hasn't been on here in 5 years. You can start your own thread and post a link to the one if you like.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.