S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
sdime 4 life
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I drive a 99 2.2L. I have two 4.3's out of 89 Blazers, one of which was rebuilt in 99.

I never modded the 4.3s, because the trucks were ratty and I mostly used them off-road and beat the shit out of em, but I miss the horsepower I was getting and my 99 S-10 pickup weighs a lot less than the 89 blazer 4x4.

Edelbrock makes a new intake manifold and throttle body, has anyone tested these? Also, has anyone else done a similar swap or have dynos for modded 4.3s? Mine was much faster than the newer 2.2, but still pretty underpowered in general.

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
This type of swap always seems to come up, mainly you will get the same suggestions as well. Basically, the cost to transform a 2.2 truck into a 4.3 truck will be close to the same as swapping in a V8, so you would be better off going in that route. But, since your truck is a 99 and a daily driver, I would be willing to bet you won't want to throw an older v8 carbed motor into a 1999 truck, so that is another thing to consider. Personally, the only way I would ever put a V8 in anything remotely new (98+) that is in perfect working condition would be with an LT1/LS1 since they are recent and are both computer controlled. These swaps are not cheap when done correctly so, yet again another choice. If I were you, I would look for another s10 similar to yours with the 4.3 already in it.

That edelbrock manifold and throttle body would work on the motors you have, but they wouldn't help at all with the 2.2 - 4.3 swap.

·
sdime 4 life
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
True the v8 would be as much work, but unless someone wants to outright swap the 4.3 for a v8, the 4.3 wins in my book.

The 2.2 really doesn't work for me, the only options I have are save up for a turbo or pull the 4.3 out of my old truck and clean it up in my spare time.

I'm not sure if the TBI intake manifold will fit under the newer s-10's hood though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts