S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000 s10 LS, 4 banger, 5 speed, two wheel drive, step side has a bad vibration in first and second gear. It's mostly disappears when you shift into 3rd gear. 4th and 5th gears act normally. The clutch and throw out bearing were replaced shortly before I bought and that was about 20k miles ago. It originally started out as a small vibration similar to if you were trying to accelerate in very low rpms. It is my daily driver and got worse over the week so I parked it. Now a few months later I have the money to fix it. Took it for a drive around the block and the vibration is now a shaking. Feels like the whole engine and transmission assembly is shaking. Any ideas?

·
B4U Task Force Admin
27,143 Posts
Welcome...

Moved to 2.2L 2nd Gen 4 Banging.

Have you looked at the engine while it's running and gave it a couple quick blips of the throttle? Check the motor and Transmission mounts.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
27,143 Posts
Did you bother to check the things I suggested before starting a duplicate thread elsewhere?

BTW...other thread deleted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Didn't mean to post it twice. Got an error message when I originally tried to post it.

It only shakes when under load. I can rev it up without any vibration either sitting still or when in neutral/clutch depressed while moving.

Driving it to work so I can get it in the shop and look at it better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts