S-10 Forum banner

1621 - 1636 of 1636 Posts

·
get over it....
1,233 Posts
yeah i dont think im going to get rid of this blazer either, cuse i just clocked 210k miles and spend about 5-6 grand in it, around it and thru it and nobody will value that, when people see 2003 with 210k miles for them is worth nothing, only i know what i have done to it and amount of money,time,sweat and blood that went in and even if i find someone that would give me 5-6 for it and sell im still going to be sad about it...:(

·
Ride or Die
581 Posts
Haha yeah I hear ya.. I have a grand invested in paint right now, and it looks like crap. I've made some bad decisions but what can you do...I owe 8500 and i might be able to get 6k for it.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,623
Haha thanks for the story CCs10

Glad to see my truck inspired some people to go the route I did.

Been a while since you posted the leaf question, the answer is no, you don't have to remove the leafs to pull a leaf. You can If you want, but its easier to leave it in. Plus you will likely ruin a bolt removing them anyways....

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,624
what about the bills? the dog, the cat, the bird, the "yeatty"/bigfoot...
kids????:rotf:
Haha my kids aren't old enough to be super expensive (3 and 7). My dog is a Great Dane.... He don't need much. All he asks is to be with ya. Doesn't eat much more then te average dog either... And bills? Who pays those?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Is there any chance of doing the lower ball joint flip with stock CC spindles ? I wonder if this would help in lowering the front and tighten up the Torsion Bars for a little stiffer ride. I'm cranked down to level lower control arms and have 1 1/2" travel to bump stops. It handles pretty good for cornering but, just feels to soft and bottoms out on small dips and bumps.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,626
No the reason for the ball joint flip was because the 2wd spindles I ran have opposite tapered spindles/ opposite ballpoints vs 4wd. One faces up, the other down....

Your complaint is why I did the 2wd ball Joint flip to begin with. The 2wd drop spindle, flipped 2wd ball joints and custom ball joint plate made it so I didn't need super loose torsion keys. I had it sitting extremely low, but with parallel LCA vs ground. .
It handles awesome, near stock torsion preload but dropped real low.... Poly sway bushing up front and 4door blazer rear bell tech sway bar with zq8 end links and s10 warehouse bar mounts..... Shit was taking corners faster then any 4wd s10 I have been in....

Buuuuuuut

At the end of the day, after its all said and done.... I would save up 3k, but some nice coilovers and have a metal fab shop build you control arms and upper shock hoop..... You'd be so much better off... For not much more money vs benifits

·
Registered
37 Posts
Is there any chance of doing the lower ball joint flip with stock CC spindles ? I wonder if this would help in lowering the front and tighten up the Torsion Bars for a little stiffer ride. I'm cranked down to level lower control arms and have 1 1/2" travel to bump stops. It handles pretty good for cornering but, just feels to soft and bottoms out on small dips and bumps.
^^^^ Like I said , I'm riding as low as stock set-up torsion bars will allow. I'm polyed in every suspension joint available. I have heavy duty rear leafs and 4 door Blazer rear sway bar, which was such an improvement, I won't even consider a Belltech. My only concern is to tighten up the spring load at the front end. Coilovers are very simple with stock A arms as per SYTY recommendations but, I'm not into what everyone else does. I will find a way to get what I want with Torsion Bars, Just takes time and a real imagination.

·
Maybe later.
9,335 Posts
I didn't even see this revived.

So, I uh, totaled my last Blazer in that time that had your JTR blocks and some other things I had bought from you. lol.

Bought another. Exact Clone. Just with a Factory Double Din.

Found a set of Replica 16" ZR1s.

Lowered it like 3/4 on 245/45/16s.

Said **** this and raised it back up and now having been driving it stock height with a slight rake since April running 245/70/16s.

And I finally envoyed-out the rear end of my truck.

Thanks for reviving the thread man. One day I'm going to buy a crew and lower the crap out of it. For right now, this stock height nice riding Blazer is nice.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,629
Sorry to hear about your blaze Ty, glad your ok... Have any wreck pics?

Didn't the old blaze have crazy low miles? Somewhere around 30k when you bought it?

·
Maybe later.
9,335 Posts
Yeah, by the time I got rid of it it had like 86k. This one had 69.5k when I found it. It was made exactly 3 months later according to the serial number and build date...Every RPO is the same minus the stereo RPO.

Yeah, I do. I never uploaded any at the time because insurance was being weird about that.

You can't really tell but every door was out of alignment, and the rear axle was bent.

These shitty Sumitomos, a S curve exit ramp, and a patch of sand is what caused the accident. I was 400 miles away too in Kentucky.

Last view I ever saw of it.

Not gonna lie I was pretty uset. I was quite attached to that truck. I can't say I am quite that attached to this one actually. Even though this one is better. (It was an RV tow behind and owned by old people and never really 'sat' for years so it's got less 'issues' that needed delt with.)

Either way this one was cheaper, my intrest rate is way lower, and I got some cash out of the total, so all and all it wasn't the worse thing to happen. The only thing that happened to me is my glasses fell off at impact. The Blazer absorbed all of it.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,631
Damn..... Someone got a nice interior for their truck..... Lol damage doesn't look "that" bad....

·
Maybe later.
9,335 Posts
I know! I was able to take my stereo, sub and speakers (Which ended up from sitting getting ruined.)

It needed alot of hours of pulling put into it to get it kinda right. And it would never be right. If you look close at the back picture you can see even the rear glass was overlapping onto the body... I'm sure someone is driving it though as we speak.

But I drove it like 5 miles like that, bouncing up and down with almost no brakes. (It pinched one of the rear brake lines)

You should check out my new Blazer though. The link is in my signature.

·
get over it....
1,233 Posts
im sad too because the lower valance was coloer matched and side mirrors and rear pillars, i know u got most of it out but still, whoever found this a the pick and pull found a lot of nice stuff for their blazer....

·
Flame It ALL
8,853 Posts
I see Blazers that color all the time around here with the matching valance. Tyler, If i find one, I will get it for you and give it to you at cost.

·
Maybe later.
9,335 Posts
I kinda like my contrast now honestly.

But I'd like to have a color matched one around.

1621 - 1636 of 1636 Posts