S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought this ZR2 with a "blown motor" from a neighbor for a song. Had a junkyard engine in the bed with same "W" in the 8th spot in the VIN so it should work. The guy who sold it to me saw the engine run. Drove the truck home. (Blown???)
Anyways, swapped out the engines, got everything hooked up and fluids filled, now when I turn the key, I get all the dash lights, but no rotation. Starter and battery replaced and still nothing. I am very confused. The truck ran when I drove it into my shop. (Found out the old engine has a broken connecting rod...
I cleared the ECU by holding the Pos and Neg battery cables together for over a minute.
Do I need to find a computer to flash something???

HELP!!!!

·
Been there Done it
15,713 Posts
There are ground wires on the back of each head which are often overlooked. The starter relay is grounded there. Make sure the big cable from the battery to the block is clean and tight. Make sure both your battery cables are clean and tight. Check that you didn't break the small connector to the solenoid. Happens a lot. Check the ground strap from the block to the firewall is good. Check ignA fuse.

Reactions: DEADMETAL

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Checked all my grounds. Cleaned and replaced a couple. The Grounds on the back of the heads are good. (They were terrible to attach with the new engine installed) Still no change. Swapped out the Starter relay with the RRDEFOG Relay and still nothing. All fuses removed and checked good.

·
Been there Done it
15,713 Posts
Is you PRDNL lights working as it should? Switch on the trans might have gotten damaged while swapping the engine.
Product Font Rectangle Schematic Line

1 - 6 of 6 Posts