S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My wife has a 1999 blazer. Well when we baught it is came without the fabs. But is was obvious that it had keyless and alarm from the factory on it.

Well after a year of that shit my wife was like get me a cheap keyless setup. So I did, nothing special. and I tapped it into her factory alarm.
No problems hit button one and boom everything un locks. Hit button 2 and boom everything locks...

We we found out that the factory alarm is arming itself now! If you lock and unlock right away nothing happens...as a matter of fact lock wait 20 minutes and unlock and nothing happens, BUT lock go to bed, wake up and unlock it... the horn goes nutts! And the only way to turn it off is to put the key in the drivers door and unlock it manually! You don't even have to open the door, just simply unlock it and the horn goes off!

Any advice...did I miss something....could I ground something out or power somthing to stop this?
Later
C

·
MT's 4 Life
31 Posts
do these need the bypass thing?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
If you have to diode your unlock wire and split it off to the disarm and the unlock. Not all basic keyless units have a disarm output on them. Otherwise just take the disarm wire if your unit has one and hook it right up to the disarm wire in th car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts