S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Had a question this isn't serious but I do have a small paint ding very small above my fender. Once again its not that serious but every time I walk past it bothers me! Does anyone know a good way to resolve this? (example) matching spray paint etc. :) thanks!

· time to get cereal
7,603 Posts
Like a rock chip? Ding is what you'd usually use to describe a dent, not missing paint. You definitely don't want to spray paint it, if it's that small just get a touch up pen.

· Premium Member
2003 Sonoma SLS ext. cab 4.3L / 4x4
2,664 Posts
Well it looks like a rust spot about the size of a penny
If it's about the size you describe, that is likely a bit much for a touch up pen. It may benefit from a proper (feathered) sanding ( w/ successively very fine grits), cleaning/ prep, and a judicious & localized application of touch up spray paint (like Duplicolor (& clearcoat if needed). Proper preparation is 90% of good paint work. If you're unfamiliar with the techniques needed, try Youtube for tips and practice on some spare/ scrap sheet metal first. Best of luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.