S-10 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My blazer has always had the vaccum line detached from the actuator... With this being said, I have no 4wd.. unless I take out the battery, the battery tray and plug it in and put it all back together then I can use 4wd. Well, If i attach the vac line to the actuator and do not use 4wd, everything is cool and it drives great in standard 2wd, if i switch it into 4wd and use that it works great, 4wd is active and everything works well. But upon switching back into 2wd something doesnt fully disengage and once i get up to 20-30mph some shit engages and hardcore grinding sounds occour until I stop (which I immediatly do).. So, I just go back to unhooking that vacc line off the actuator and I never have 4wd. My actuator is fine, I have replaced it, so what would be your priority list to check?
actuator cable? could this be hung up/ not fully disengaging or something?
Transfer Case vaccum switch? could this be it?
I read somebody said if the front diff is low on fluid it can somehow cause it to engage?
TCCM?
Front Axle sensor?
Dash switch?
I just don't want to spend hundreds of dollars and never fix the problem.. I know this is a common problem, somebody must know the fix!
Thank you! -Kyle

·
goin broke but n style
12,942 Posts
put the truck in 4wd and than back into 2wd while you have a vac guage on the actuator line. if you dont loose vac than i would say you have a bad vac seitch on the transfer case. If you do loose vac than you have a sticking cable. Check it for binding.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts