S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard the some modifications need to be made to put a 2.2 liter engine out of 1 98 into a 1997 truck that had a 2.2...... My question is what modifications need to be made, and has anyone done this peviously?

·
They took our jorbs.
3,797 Posts
98 computer, tranny should hook up, existing fuel pump should work, dont think your current gauge cluster would work, all the 98 a/c equipment, diffrent fan shroud.... i think that would be it. But why do you want to do this....... rebuild that engine you have with better internals and you would have something stronger than the 98.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good point

:smoke:

Good Point

I have been debating on wether or not to rebuild the one i have or buy a new one.

Here is the deal, tell me what you would do. I blew the engine in it towards the end of summer. It hasnt been tore apart to see what all is wrong, but it is not accepting coolant into the engine. I have been looking for a 2.2 that runs well so i can just swap them, quick and painless. So far i found a used 2.2 i can get it for 600.00 w/ a warranty, but they take my old engine, which i have no problem with. Just been keeping my eyes out for better deals on a 2.2, and found one out of a 98, wasnt sure what all it would take to do that. So should i just pick this one up for 600, or rebuild the one i have?

:shoot:

·
They took our jorbs.
3,797 Posts
there is no real performance diffrence between the 98 and 97. Ive had both and i couldnt tell anything when i got the 98. Its easier to find parts for the 94-97 2.2 anyways. The only thing that you currently cant get is a turbo kit for that year. Mantapart.com, Evolution2200, and several other companies sell performance parts for those years, but they arent cheap. You should contact zq8 dawg if you want to know more..... he knows his shit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts