S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
At a pull-a-part, I found a Header for the 2.2 off of a 2000 Sanoma I was wondering if it would fit on a 1998 2.2 s10. I would like to put the header on but I am not sure if it will interfere with the EGR system.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
29,545 Posts
How about some punctuation? This is impossible to figure out.

·
time to get cereal
5,187 Posts
It'll work if it doesn't have air injection. Not all 2000 models had it. The EGR connects to the back of the head.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@manbearpig I have come across a problem with the pipe that comes down from the header. The pipe is super close to my clutch line on the truck.

·
Registered
156 Posts
@manbearpig I have come across a problem with the pipe that comes down from the header. The pipe is super close to my clutch line on the truck.
I installed a header on my 2.2 and had the same issue. My truck only moves from the driveway to the garage so I used several heavy duty zip ties to hold it closer to the firewall. I’m still building my truck so it’s not driving on the road and for the 5 minutes of running it does I haven’t had an issue melting the clutch line. Did you ever figure out a permanent solution? I’m curious to know what others have done. We can’t be the only two with this issue.

edit: I’m gathering parts for an ls3 swap so ceramic coating an eBay header is not an option for me. Hopefully there is another solution

·
B4U Task Force Admin
29,545 Posts
I installed a header on my 2.2 and had the same issue. My truck only moves from the driveway to the garage so I used several heavy duty zip ties to hold it closer to the firewall. I’m still building my truck so it’s not driving on the road and for the 5 minutes of running it does I haven’t had an issue melting the clutch line. Did you ever figure out a permanent solution? I’m curious to know what others have done. We can’t be the only two with this issue.

edit: I’m gathering parts for an ls3 swap so ceramic coating an eBay header is not an option for me. Hopefully there is another solution
Get some VHT Ceramic Exhaust paint. I used it on my pipes for my LS swap...works great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts