S-10 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 1997 Chevy S10 2.2 l engine rear wheel drive automatic and I would like to make it a manual any ideas. Anything will be gladly appreciated:)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Find a donar truck to steal all the parts. Measure twice. Where you located I have most of it laying around.

·
time to get cereal
5,664 Posts
If you want the manual your truck would've come with from the factory, you need a 96-97 NV1500. I would recommend a T5 from a 94-95 though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you want the manual your truck would've come with from the factory, you need a 96-97 NV1500. I would recommend a T5 from a 94-95 though.

Is there any reasoning behind the two like why you prefer the one over the other if you can explain thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am in NC. Best to buy new- clutch kit, flywheel, master cylinder, slave cylinder. S10 warehouse on ebay is where i got my pedals and computer. You need a 2in metal hole saw for firewall, it has a dimple i think super easy just dont drill through more then the first layer of metal. The floor is stamped out for the shifter start small work up to the best fit. Should be a plug under dash for clutch safety switch but you may have to wire in reverse sensor on transmission. Rear gear ratios are diff so be aware of speedo being off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I made a thread on one of these s10 pages 10ish years ago dont remember which one
And another question since you clearly did this before what type of exhaust would I need to sound like a V8:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:😁😁😅

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,382 Posts
And another question since you clearly did this before what type of exhaust would I need to sound like a V8:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:😁😁😅
Best guess would be an exhaust behind a V8... 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄

·
Registered
34 Posts
Never tried i didnt want to sound like a civic. But what i heard one time was no cat with a cherry bomb through a flowmaster

1 - 12 of 12 Posts