S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are the headlight connectors on the 94' to '96 blazer called? they appear to be H4 however the plugs are not square.

·
Been there Done it
11,264 Posts
what are the headlight connectors on the 94' to '96 blazer called? they appear to be H4 however the plugs are not square.
Are they 2 wire or 3 wire now? Should be flat 2 wire on a Blazer. Maybe the PO did some swapping?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Historically, I think the individual connectors were known as Packard Type 56 male/female connectors that could snap into a number of different plastic housings. They have better spring tension and greater surface area than standard push-on connectors.

In my '85 Blazer, the originals were Type 56. My brother replaced the sealed beams with H4s and had to swap the Ground and Low Beam connectors in the housing.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
28,703 Posts
Hmm, interesting. So what your saying is to go and get a connector that fits the harness on amazon and wire that connector to the 96' S-10 Blazer?
He said go to the junkyard..

·
time to get cereal
5,098 Posts
I just did this... used junkyard headlamps and just cut the wiring off, then cut the old connectors off and soldered the new ones on. Relays would probably be better, but this will get your lights working until you work out an upgrade if you feel it's necessary.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The answer to my question; what is the name of the 1996 Chev S-10 Blazer sealed beam socket is 'H4 type 2 non standard'. Thanks everyone.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts