S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Rice Eating Machine!!!
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 S-10 SS, with the 4.3L, Auto, stepside, regular cab, with all power options. I was curious about weather or not there is anything different in particular with my truck and other years or models of S-10's... Like is the '96 a good year of S-10 SS? If you have any kind of info on any part of my truck tell me. Im very curious. And if you dont have the info, if you maybe know where I can find it. Thanks,

Aaron

·
2 Da Xtreme
360 Posts
'96 SS Stepside...........!

In 1996 they didnt make many SS's
period.....and even fewer were the Stepside Bed...!
In 96 they changed the wheels...and put more
attention to the suspension package....!
1994 and 95 had the ZQ8.... and they rode factory ride height........just like a b4 banger did.....! and they only had 15 inch LS.. wheels..... and B.F Good rich Rubber..........!
the 96- 98 SS's had P235/55r16 rubber.........!
The 96 i think was the 1st year with out the C P I induction system.......!
GO here for more InFo on the SS's and see that your truck is one of 1240 Made.....and even less b/c of the stepside bbed..........!........!
www.s-series.org/ss/index.html
:thumbup:

·
Rice Eating Machine!!!
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot for your reply. It helped me out a lot. The web site was just awsome. I hopeing to get some better pics of my truck so I can get them on the site. If your truck is the Extreme I saw in the member's pic gallery (Short cab Step Side) It is an amazing looking truck. Once again thanks for your reply. Any other info you or anyone else can get me or any other good SS sites it would be a great help to me. I LOVE CHEVY S10SS and EXTREME'S

Thanks

Aaron

·
S-Clusive
21 Posts
i have a 1998 Chevy S-10 SS and the guy talking about the tires is wrong the tires stock for my 98 are P245 50R 16 but i am upgrading the rear tires to P255 50R 17 i am putting 17" rims on all four

·
2 Da Xtreme
360 Posts
T I R E S are 245 50 R 16..........!

Chris98S10SS
i have a 1998 Chevy S-10 SS and the guy talking about the tires is wrong the tires stock for my 98 are P245 50R 16

....................................................................................................
1996-1998 Chassis
Suspension, F/R Unequel Length Control arms, coil springs, anti roll bar/live axle, leaf springs
Steering type, ratio Power recirculating ball 15.0-13.0:1
Turning circle, ft 34.8
Turns, lock to lock 3.0
Brakes, F/R Vented disc/drums, ABS
Stock Tires Goodyear Eagle GA P235/55HR16 <~~~ !
.........................................................................................................
Did you buy your truck from the dealer brand New.........!

·
Registered
484 Posts
??

hey 1996SSs10
where you find that ss
i was lookin for one back in the summer :uhoh:
so where in sudbury u live maybe i'll see u

ohh and put some pictures up

later

·
Rice Eating Machine!!!
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unfortunatley you must have my location confused with someone else I do live in Ontario. But not in Sudbury. I live in Caledon East which is about 1.5 hr south of Barrie. I know you will know where that is. I bought my little baby at the Orangeville Chrysler:nono: The guy who owned it had to get rid of it because his wife had a baby and he couldn't get the car seat in it so he sold it and got an Intrepid:twak: Actually I'm glad he got rid of it because the truck is mint. I am working on getting some pics up real soon I haven't been a member very long. I bought the truck at the end of June. $12000 with 86000 KM's on it fully loaded, with vent visor's, and fiber glass touneau cover.

·
S-Clusive
21 Posts
i did some research on the S-10 SS up till 97 they had those tires but the 98 they put the ZQ8 suspention, ZQ8 16" Rims, and the tires are P245/50R/16 this is a true statement due to i was just at a Chevy dearlership and that is what they told me. and if you like to race you can add a turbo and a supercharger but you would have to turn down your compresion.

·
Rice Eating Machine!!!
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mine is a '96 SS and it has 235/55/R16 and it also has the ZQ8 suspension.

·
Registered
484 Posts
uhhh

oh sorry about that i mis read...
anyways glad u like your truck and damn were are those pic?

·
Rice Eating Machine!!!
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am not very good with computer's so I have to do everything to do with scanning and adding pics at my buddy's house. He knows what he is doing I can basicly fire up my PC and check my Email and check S10 forum thats about It so hang tight.

·
Treadwear Waste'n Member
133 Posts
96 has tbi or mpfi if I'm not mistaken, the 94-95s are the only ones with CPI which was 195hp.. the 96 makes 185 I believe :cool:

·
Not an O.G.
670 Posts
Re: T I R E S are 245 50 R 16..........!

00 Blk-Xtreme said:

....................................................................................................
1996-1998 Chassis
Suspension, F/R Unequel Length Control arms, coil springs, anti roll bar/live axle, leaf springs
Steering type, ratio Power recirculating ball 15.0-13.0:1
Turning circle, ft 34.8
Turns, lock to lock 3.0
Brakes, F/R Vented disc/drums, ABS
Stock Tires Goodyear Eagle GA P235/55HR16 <~~~ !
.........................................................................................................
Did you buy your truck from the dealer brand New.........!
I'm 100% positive the '98 SS came with 245 50R 16.....I've had two. One my uncle bought new (the one I got now), the other had been bought by a dealer and only driver 1k miles. Both had 245 50R 16.

·
i got a six pack and a truck named trigger
34 Posts
can someone give me some info on removing the MAF screen.thanks

·
S-Clusive
21 Posts
all you have to do is get a screw driver and go donw the side of the MAF Sensor ( DO NOT TOUCH THE LITTLE SENSORS THAT GO ACCROSS IT IF YOU DO YOU WILL NEED A NEW MAF SENSOR CAUSE YOU TRUCK WILL JURK LIKE YOU CANT GET OUT OF FIRST ON A MANUAL ) All you have to do is tap it lightly till it pops out

·
i got a six pack and a truck named trigger
34 Posts
thanks

1 - 20 of 44 Posts