S-10 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was just wondering if a standard bench seat from a 1996 S10 would be a direct bolt in replacement for the seat in a base model 2002 S10?

Although it appears to be... I was also wondering if the rear view mirror was compatible?

And finally (speaking of mirrors)... I saw on Rockauto.com that there are two rear view mirrors for the 2002 base model S10, a standard factory mirror that just flips up and down and does nothing else and another one with lights that shine down into the cab, although its expensive I'm considering getting the lighted version but I was wondering if anyone knows how it gets its electrical power? Like does it take a special windshield with embedded wires or is battery powered?

·
Been there Done it
8,383 Posts
There may be differences in how the middle two sets of seat belts mount. I know on the buckets they share bolts with the seats in 2002. Where in the 96 they have separate holes for the belts. Worse case scenario you'd have to drill a couple holes and put some 1/2" grade 8 bolts with self locking nuts in the center behind the seat.
But with a bench those holes might already be there. Get the belts with the seat if you can.

The lighted mirrors use a small harness that goes up the A pillar at the side of the windshield and under the front edge of the headliner.
Only place you'll get that is at a JY. Most Blazers had them. It's no longer available from a dealer.
Might just as well get the mirror at the same time. IIRC it ties into the orange dome light wires. You'll have to do a little soldering since scotch locks suck. A JY would also be the place to figure out how the pillar trim and headliner come down, if you damage anything it's no biggy. Then when you do your truck you won't damage those parts because you'll know hot to remove them correctly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts