S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 S10 and i am trying to find a place to put the solenoid in the door. If anyone can let me know where you placed yours at and pictures would be great. thank you

·
Registered Gun Owner
54 Posts
I put door poppers is my nissan 94 maxima. I mounted inside door facing towards rear with a small cable then used a small pulley for a pivot point leading up to latch assembly. There wasn't much room inside so had to get creative with positioning. As long as you don't have too much slack will stay in place and provide enough pull to open door.

A recommendation is removed locks from doors. Last thing you want to do is lock door with no exterior door handle and no way to unlock door from outside.

Or if your in a pinch connect door lock connection for key to door latch. Then key will open doors until you find a way to get your poppers set up.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a 1995 S10 and i am trying to find a place to put the solenoid in the door. If anyone can let me know where you placed yours at and pictures would be great. thank you
There is all sorts of shows on you-tube put they do not explain what a door popper is for.

·
Registered Gun Owner
54 Posts
It's an actuator that will allow you to electronically unlatch your door. It is most commonly used when the door handles have been shaved off.

·
Registered Gun Owner
54 Posts
Why would you want that stupidity and what are you going to do went you leave something on and the batter is dead?
Same thing you do when you loose your keys or lock them in the car. Break into your own car.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
It’s for looks/personal preference, like literally everything else you do to a vehicle besides maintenance.

and there’s a switch or other setup depending how intricate u want to get, that u can hide on the vehicle that actually will pop the door for u if the battery dies. That way u don’t have to break in like how u would if you lost your keys.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It’s for looks/personal preference, like literally everything else you do to a vehicle besides maintenance.

and there’s a switch or other setup depending how intricate u want to get, that u can hide on the vehicle that actually will pop the door for u if the battery dies. That way u don’t have to break in like how u would if you lost your keys.
Yep, You could have 2 prongs sticking out somewhere that are wired to the batter to jump it

·
Registered Gun Owner
54 Posts
That's ideal for a backup. Just make sure Noone else knows it's there

1 - 12 of 12 Posts