S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so ive never done a swap before and was just wondering im thinking bout buying this motor http://www.jegs.com/p/GM+Performance/956503/10002/-1/10763 and having it put it in my blazer i was just wondering after i bought that what else do i need to buy in order for the swap would i need different wiring harness's, ecms, or what , if someone could hit me up with a list i would really appreciate it

·
Registered
457 Posts
ok so ive never done a swap before and was just wondering im thinking bout buying this motor http://www.jegs.com/p/GM+Performance/956503/10002/-1/10763 and having it put it in my blazer i was just wondering after i bought that what else do i need to buy in order for the swap would i need different wiring harness's, ecms, or what , if someone could hit me up with a list i would really appreciate it
you'll need comp., harness. and to redo the exhaust of course. Trans., driveshaft, maybe gauges yours might not work with it.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Yea like what was said above I've been working on my project car for 2 yrs. and am still workin on it. I'm trying not to go cheap on it. If I had the cash I probably would've had it done a long time ago.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah im def. gonna have someone do this project for me while i just learn since it will be my first project an i agree it will take awhile cause im gonna have to buy the parts one by one lol dont have enough money to get them all at once. as takeum said i should try painless wiring but im not to sure what that is ?

·
Trust Me
24,785 Posts
don't buy that motor from jegs, if you watch ebay and craigslist you'll find a used one half the price

i cant seem to find the l6 harness anywhere , so does anyone know if the L1 harness fits?
no i'm pretty sure it will not work,as stated prior. get ahold of current performance and talk to jared, he will help you out

1 - 10 of 10 Posts