S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a buddy who's reinstalling the original W code engine (been rebuilt) back into his sister's '95 S10 Blazer 4x4. The ECM is under the hood. I was wondering if anyone can give insight on what all that'll need to be done before start up is attempted? Things like: proper distributor install, speed to run the engine at once it starts, etc. Does anyone have a vacuum diagram of the '95 4.3 available? Is the control system OBD I or OBD II? Also what does cpi mean?
Regards,
Joe

·
Clean N' Dark
1,921 Posts
You needs to go and buy a Haynes manual. The latest edition covering the 95s is really good and I love it.

Your 95 is an OBDII seeing the computer is under the hood.

CPI = Center Point Injection

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rlith said:
You need to be more specific, is it in time, is it getting spark and or fuel? throw us a bone here
Hey thanks for the reply in automotive forums, here's my reply:
...I think I follow you correctly, so to line up the crank to the distributor correctly, you set some kind of marker on the crank pulley in line to some kind of dot on the (timing cover?) Then look at the position of the distributor rotor to be sure it's at the 8 o'clock position which should be slightly ahead of the #1 spark plug wire plug-in on the distributor cap? Of course he should be sure that the # one cylinder is on the compression stroke, right? If you want you can clarify anything. Anyhoo, I'll relay this to my buddy and see what comes up. Right now it's too cold/snowy/icy to do anything with it. :cuss:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts