S-10 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
And Im betting with a little work you can find some wider 15s or 16s that are steel and those dog dish caps will fit on

·
Registered
93 Posts
I don't think the argument about engine size is what this person is looking for. I'm wrapping up a 5.3/4l60e swap in a 95 S10. First thing is get the GM motor sports oil pan and notch the cross member. Remember to remove the intake also. Second buy a good transmission cross member. Don't bother with the stock one unless your pinching pennies. Choose a good set of header depending on what you like shorty or full length. There is a guy that can clean up your ECM for $75 dollars, I would have to look up his web site. I had another guy redo my wire harness for $150. He leaves a few wires you have to connect. Then again so does everybody else. The stock driveshaft works but it probably won't last long. You have to put a bigger pump in gas tank for the 58 psi needed at the fuel rail. Get the Corvette fuel filter regulator. I ran new fuel line and fittings. You can run the Corvette radiator or stay with the 4.3 radiator mounted in the forward position. I also got 2 puller fans. I'm running a drive by wire gas pedal because that is what came with the engine. I should have run the drive by cable. I forgot about the motor mounts. Get them with your headers so you know everything will fit. I bought the adjustable ones on Ebay. I got lucky that the Ebay headers worked with those mounts. You need to figure out a way to move the back coils because they hit the brake booster and the heater box. This is all I can think of right now. If anybody has any more suggestions please chime in.

·
Administrator
23,069 Posts
While I haven't done this swap...I read a lot, and I find some issues with some of your statements. Holley/Hooker seems to have ironed out a lot of the swap issues...although there are a few issues to be overcome. The 4.3 fuel pump will work fine unless you're making crazy power. Why run cable TB when DBW is so much cleaner? Again, Holley/Hooker seems to have solved the engine/exhaust (header or cast manifold)/transmission crossmember/oilpan working together issues. I have read that there are some issues trying to use the 4L60E that came with the S10's. Seems that the LS based 4L60E is longer than the SBC version.

·
Registered
748 Posts
It's like deciding on a 305 or a 350 sbc chevy. Put vortec heads,highrise intake and a cam in a 305 and get 300 hp,do the same to a 350 and get 400 hp. I actually built a 305,,,why...I didn't want a lot of hp and had a 305 laying around plus I got a super deal on forged flat tops and a set of 98 vette alum heads (64 cc). If I was looking for over 300 hp I would have start with a 350. I paired the 305 with a 200 4r trans. great combo, plenty of power with good economy.
It's like deciding on a 305 or a 350 sbc chevy. Put vortec heads,highrise intake and a cam in a 305 and get 300 hp,do the same to a 350 and get 400 hp. I actually built a 305,,,why...I didn't want a lot of hp and had a 305 laying around plus I got a super deal on forged flat tops and a set of 98 vette alum heads (64 cc). If I was looking for over 300 hp I would have start with a 350. I paired the 305 with a 200 4r trans. great combo, plenty of power with good economy.
To make a correction the corvette heads were 58cc same as the 305 chambers but flowed much better, with flat tops it brought the compression up there.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts