S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Chevy Rules!
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to do this swap. What I am woundering is what all I will need. Do I just need a grill from a 1995 blazer or equilavent and 2 composite lights. Do I need and wiring or what. Please help if you know. I thought I needed the radiator support but I think that is only if I am going to 98 or higher correct. Thanks in advance for any replies.

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
From what I've read/heard, you need the composite blazer grille (yes, they did have recessed headlights,too). You'll also need the headlights, and you also need the pigtails and bulbs.

For the 98+ conversion, the front end appears to be a bit taller and is a bit more involved.

·
Audi Tech
2,485 Posts
i went with dimond back lights, and euro clear corners along with painting my grill to match. looked really awsome and is very easy. just an idea

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
stealthx said:
i went with dimond back lights, and euro clear corners along with painting my grill to match. looked really awsome and is very easy. just an idea
Are these diamond back lights composites? If so where did you get them, and how much?

·
Audi Tech
2,485 Posts
i'm not sure what is ment by "composite" they are like the square lights that are in a resessed grill. they use an H-4 bulb (may need to get a new plug for the bulb which is easy) they also have a city light that you wire to the parkin lights. gives the light a low glow. i got mine from Dealer's i think, i can look. they are around $100 maybe $90. the euro clear corner matches the light. i'll see if my photo point is still up, i think i have a pic on it.

·
Treadwear Waste'n Member
133 Posts
rsharpe said:
I want to do this swap. What I am woundering is what all I will need. Do I just need a grill from a 1995 blazer or equilavent and 2 composite lights. Do I need and wiring or what. Please help if you know. I thought I needed the radiator support but I think that is only if I am going to 98 or higher correct. Thanks in advance for any replies.
If you really want to do it, You can come look at my trucks (I work in aurora) while they're still torn apart.

It's only 6 splices, takes about 20 min. You could get the parts from me too, takes a day to get em. I also have a grill I'll give you for free, cause I wasn't satisfied with the fit, but hell, for free, you might like it :) Or I can order you another one (different company) like I did. I already checked all the salvage yards in Aurora, no luck :(

and if you really can't figure it out, just swing by in the truck, and I'll do it for you, but I'd have to do it around 5:30.

I can check the prices tomorrow too (friday), if you want. I figure you'll be in about 300 or so, plus you have to get plugs from NAPA or something similar.

The SS is getting painted saturday, and I'll probably put it together on Sunday or Monday, so let me know if you want to swing by before its all together.

·
Chevy Rules!
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks man that sounds good. I probably wont do this until end of year for $ reasons. I want to see your's though if possible. Give me your number or you can call me @ 303 369-7926. Thanks again, also I will take that grill if you don't want it. Also do you just buy the plugs from napa and than splice them in? How much for the plugs and do I need 2 of 4. Thanks for the help and let me know.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
About those diamond back headlights... could someone tell me are the headlights in the 94 S-10 the 4x6's? I measured them, and they were about 4" x 6-1/2". I want to get some diamond back ones and get some better headlights (ones without the yellow glow), but I don't know if the conversions I see will work. Thanks,

DogP

·
Audi Tech
2,485 Posts
DogP- pick up a truckin mag and look for a Dealers ad (thats the name of the place i got them from, pretty sure) anyway, they are like $100 with H-4 bulbs and city lights (little blue light you wire to your parking lights so the light glows when ur actual lights aren't on) tell them you have a 94, as long as its the resessed headlight it'll be the 4x6. i didn't even measure, just told them my truck. i had to buy new connectors to fit an H-4 bulb, $5 for 2 plugs, then found which was high and low beam and ground, cut, soder, plug in and you have hyperwhite lights. they look pretty sweet, if you buy Euro corner markers they'll match the pattern. good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts