S-10 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
4 Year Intermediate Tech
1,829 Posts
Not to mention the fixture and idler holder cup are super cheap. Let us know how it shifts when you get it mobile

·
4 Year Intermediate Tech
1,829 Posts
Agree, we can loose this info

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
How does a thread get marked as a "sticky"? I looked under Thread Tools but didn't see anything.

·
4 Year Intermediate Tech
1,829 Posts
I think you will need to contact a moderator.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Yesterday, I finally got the rebuilt engine and rebuilt transmission back into the S10. The transmission is quiet, shifts well, and I haven't found any leaks.

·
4 Year Intermediate Tech
1,829 Posts
Also which detent plug tool did you use? I'm going to have to do mine soon. I've got the complete fixture and plan on doing the internals and a rebuild kit with cluster, gears, and the tailshaft bushing.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Also which detent plug tool did you use? I'm going to have to do mine soon. I've got the complete fixture and plan on doing the internals and a rebuild kit with cluster, gears, and the tailshaft bushing.
I remember getting that sucker out of there, but I honestly can't recall how I did it. I didn't have the official tool. I -think- I just pried it out with a large flat head screwdriver or chisel, so it should come out with just some minor effort. I did replace the bushing that goes in the detent hole.

I am eager to see if you can source the correct tailshaft bushing or have to go the same route as I did with sandwiching two together.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
I just completed a 600 mile trip, and the transmission did great! It's quiet, shifts great, and best of all... no leaks!

·
4 Year Intermediate Tech
1,829 Posts
I am seeing 3 different ones on cobra. I guess il have to wait till I get it apart and measure. Il probably get the miller detent puller. Works with a slide hammer

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have an issue I have a 95 chevy s10 4.3 v6 4x4 5 speed and my tranny quit on me rebuilding is not an option I just need a guide to what transmissions would swap in or how I could find my trans from my truck cause I was told mine was a NV3500 but mine looks different than yours it's a hard tranny to find here in sc if anyone can help please do so my trucks been off the road for too long

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
There are 2wd and 4wd versions of the NV3500. To get you the best help, I would suggest starting a new thread for your question!

·
LeMons Racer
25 Posts
This thread looks great... but the pictures don't show up anymore. We just killed the transmission in our race truck and looking for a good rebuild thread. Anyway to get the pictures back?

I've tried a few cache searches to find a version with pictures, but no luck.

·
LeMons Racer
25 Posts
Whew - you scared me for a minute there. Saw your other post - pictures are still here!
I printed the entire thread off at home the other day, pictures and all!... VERY well documented, thank you for the time and effort you put it to help everyone else.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts