S-10 Forum banner

1995 Chevy SS S10

4K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  zfixerchick 
#1 ·
So I have a 95 s10 and it is pretty banged up. Now, I don't really care that it is banged up. I was just wondering what would happen to the value of the truck if I basically reassembled the front bumper (all 3 pieces including side plates) with non-OEM parts.

Also if it would be more worth it to first fix up the body or put in a new air intake/exhaust. Keep in mind it runs like a champ but who doesn't like to go faster.

#5 ·
#6 ·
#7 ·
My 94 has an aftermarket rear bumper and is a work truck. I don't beat the hell out of her, but she has her share of "imperfections". She runs beautifully and is mechanically sound and really, that's all that matters to me. If I hit the lottery, I'll think about making her pretty. I did get SS emblems for my aftermarket center caps. The city decided my truck wasn't worth enough to charge property tax, due to age. She's priceless to me.

#13 ·
That's messed up.

Illinois isn't the greatest on sales tax. My sister sold a 65 mustang convertible for about $2000 and the guy registered it and paid his taxes on the $2000. Then, almost 2 years later, Illinois secretary of state came after my sister saying "no way you sold it for $2000, that car is worth $15000" and wanted her to pay the balance of the sales tax on the missing $13000. The car was a heap with a rusted frame that was about to fold up like a taco. We spent months getting forms notarized with the buyer and sending appeals to the SoS and they finally dropped it. That was a shock that they'd come after us with an arbitrary value on a car they had never seen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.