S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Should've had a V8.
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new daily!
And what a surprise, it's junk lol.
as the title says, 1995 s10 longbed with the 2.2L. Picked it up for $800. still owe the guy $50, but I bitched at him for not telling me some of what was wrong, and he hasn't texted me back.

Here are some minor things I need help with-
The radio only has like 5 wires going into the harness? Yet it has 4 speakers. 2 in the dash, 2 in the door. Do these run off of the same wires? I can only see just one plug that goes into the wiring harness for the radio, and I reached behind wjere the radio goes and can't feel anything else.
Also- the heater is running non-stop. The roller switch for the fan speed is effed up, should I replace that?

·
Maybe later.
9,335 Posts
alright, you post this and 4 hours later nothing!

Come on now!

·
Should've had a V8.
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha at work right now. I'm terrible with pics too -.-

Forgot to add that it has 210K on the clock.

·
Maybe later.
9,335 Posts
2.2 long bed with 210k.

God, I can't imagine how bad it looks.....atleast from what I assume from the name...

·
Should've had a V8.
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Honestly it's not as bad as it would seem. Mainly just rockers and the driver side rear wheel well are rotted. I called it that just from sheer shock of a 210k truck lol. Took plenty of pics yesterday but my home computer shit the bed

think I jumped the gun on posting this

·
Should've had a V8.
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
needs a nose job

Rust!

my brother again

halfway through tearing out the radio

look at dat ass

speakers from my intrepid

junk speakers

·
Electrical Mod
56,129 Posts
I've never seen a 94-97 long bed with a 2.2L. All of them I've seen always had the 4.3L.

The a/c controls are the same from 95-97 with the connections, the faceplate changed in 96/97 to have the symbols versus the words for where the air blows out. Sounds like you're missing one of the radio's connectors or something, there should be two connectors that plug into the radio.

It looks rough with that rust, but as a beater, I guess it's good.

·
Should've had a V8.
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll grab a face from a newer one then, thanks!
Yeah, the speakers and their plugs were taken out completely at some point, I figured that out when i got home.
plans aren't big, mainly just keep it running. If a rust free long bed pops up I might snatch it. I'll need a new frame though, the passenger side has a stiffener plate and won't pass inspection again. Maybe I'll get a new truck in a year, and get parts out of this.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
NY RUST FTW!!! hahaha. I've got eveything in my garage ready for that face lift...think we have a couple long beds down at my yard if you'd like me to check them out for you.

·
Electrical Mod
56,129 Posts
It's possible that your truck didn't come with a Radio from factory, I know radios were an option back then, so it might have been a radio delete truck.

·
Should've had a V8.
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
it's possible, but I don't know if it's really barebones or not. it has crappy vinyl flooring, but a full headliner. Didn't barebones trucks have 3/4 liners?

but they aren't factory speakers, I noticed they are marked on the back with a paintmarker like pick a part does.

billy- i'm kinda feeling an isuzu front end but it'll be a while before i do anything. gotta make sure it'll run for a while lol and I owe some people money for helping with getting this

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
There are 3, maybe 4, hombre's at the other yard I hit up. I'll see what I can do to get them and hold it for ya bro. May be several colors so it's all quality parts with no rust but hey, it'll look decent. Get that wheel well fixed, motornut it hahaha

·
Should've had a V8.
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
did they ever come with a chrome grille? If so that's all i really would need if my yard has the hombre I saw still, 34k truck no rust!
and fck that I'll get a new bed before I motornut it lmao.
....I have wood putty and saw dust i can use

·
Registered
1,002 Posts

·
Should've had a V8.
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
blew the motor or the trans, IDR which. it was a fleet truck though, so scrapping it was odd

and DUDE. DECK screws!!!! We gotta do this right.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts