S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I have a 1995 4.3 TBI with a 5spd. for about the past say month and a half it has been missing...usually when I just put the pedal to the floor...but for the past 2 weeks it has been getting worse...does it in 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th gears.
Thought it was the clutch slipping...put a new clutch,pressure plate, and had the flywheel machined...clutch is awesome now but still have the same symptoms...just waiting for it to stall now... I will be checking the plugs tomorrow..what else should I check for.? I listened to the exhaust for a couple minutes and you could hear it miss every now and then...mainly happens when you mat it but its starting to happen at low rpms in just about all the gears....Its getting annoying and any advice would be great!...Also installed a new fuel filter and air filter...thinking plugs or something electrical.

Thanks Guys!!!

·
Registered
8,782 Posts
Check the CAP and ROTOR also. How about testing the O2 sensor?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ill check both those tomorrow also...how do you check the O2 sensor...probably should add this....I have no dash lights on...

·
Registered
8,782 Posts
O2 can be bad and still not bad enough to set a CEL.

If you have a DC meter, set it to low range (max of .9v that will occur), pull the O2, use a propane torch to heat the tip that goes in the exhaust, have the meter on the can and the non heater terminal. As you pass the tip of the O2 in and out of the flame you should see a .1-.9vdc swing (after you have heated it up of course).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts