S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
bumble-bee-tuna
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup this was the old S10 that used to run around Houston whooping up on everybody a few years back. SUV slammed on the brakes and I couldnt get it stopped with the runners on the front. I slid right under it and it shoved the motor partially through the firewall.

·
bumble-bee-tuna
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Next genius who asks about running skinnies up front will be directed to this thread.
Needless to say, I have not run skinnies up front anymore and I upgrade the brakes too.

This was my replacement, notice the fat wheels and you cant see the 13" big brakes up front.

·
Chopper! Sic balls!
39,360 Posts
Sucks about your truck. But yeah, there was a whole slew of idiots in a thread not too long ago claiming there's no problem with running skinnies on a daily, and there's really no affect on braking or cornering when running them.

Anyways, glad you're ok.

·
bumble-bee-tuna
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Normal braking is fine, its when you have to get stopped right meow. I did everything i could to get it to stop, pumping the brakes to keep them from locking up too much, i couldnt change lanes. if i had my 16" zq8 wheels on the front it would of stopped no problem. Its common sense, less rubber on the road = less braking force.

My current long term project is a 93 Sonoma and future plans for it are gunna be a wider tack on the front and C6Z brakes on all corners and my wheels I had on my old C6Z

·
Chopper! Sic balls!
39,360 Posts
We need to stop calling it common sense because it is no longer common.

Sweet Vette. Do you have a build thread for the 1st gen? If not be sure to start one because I'd like to check it out.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Nothing amazing about finding a rust free truck in Texas. You find a rust free body in the upper east coast and that's amazing.

·
bumble-bee-tuna
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
finding a clean short bed, regular cab, 4.3 truck with mostly everything still working is not that easy. i have to replace the heater core eventually.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts