S-10 Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Hard mounting will prevent engine/header movement. Curious on the rest of your combo, as I said that's a lot of motor for the street but as a daily driver???

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hard mounting will prevent engine/header movement. Curious on the rest of your combo, as I said that's a lot of motor for the street but as a daily driver???
When i say a daily driver it's not like i drive 50 miles to work and home everyday as i live in a mfg. plant where i mfg. bar stools and restaurant seating so when i say daily driver i mean all the other stuff. The original intent for the truck when all the parts were gathered was as a delivery truck for my friends tranny business, he builds and delivers etc. a lot of racing tranny's between Cleveland Ohio, Binghamton NY thru Williamsport PA. and i guess he just wanted to make his driving time a little more enjoyable. The truck will have a 4L80E trans with 3000-3500 ? stall and TCI controller with 9" Strange with 3.55. It will also be used as a truck pulling 4 wheelers or side x side, trailer full of kayaks or hauling a ton+ of scrap blanks from the turret press to the scrapper, it's not going to be a beauty queen but rather a very clean "Truck". lol The engine has 400 ft lbs torque at 3500 with 266 hp. and 513 ft. lbs at 4500 and 440 hp. so I cant imagine it should have any issue pulling 3000 lbs. down the highway at 70.

·
Registered
409 Posts
With those big runner heads your really going to hurt your bottom end and that's not knowing your cam or fueling. With your drive train and 28 in tall tires you will be turning 22-2300 rpms @ 70 and be doing a lot of laying on that converter and it's not going to like pulling at those rpms.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
With those big runner heads your really going to hurt your bottom end and that's not knowing your cam or fueling. With your drive train and 28 in tall tires you will be turning 22-2300 rpms @ 70 and be doing a lot of laying on that converter and it's not going to like pulling at those rpms.
I agree with you, i don't pull anything in O/D, drive only. You would be amazed how much resistance the back expanded metal gate offers besides the load.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts