S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I have a 1994 s10 extended cab 4x4 4.3 tbi with 147,000 miles and some day I would like to buy a new one. Yet in the mean time I need to keep this one running and looking as good as it possible can. So I decided to join S10 Forum.com, Any comments will be helpful.

I change my oil, plugs, wires, and etc all the time, to insure that it runs top. I put new brakes, new shocks, new tires, new muffler (flowmaster custom exhaust), and new cd-player including amp and 12" sub. I wanted my truck to be more of an off road truck so I bought some 31X10.5 tires (cheap brand) and new shocks from an auto store they had life time warrenty on them so i decided to purchase them. I have already replaced the back ones twice due to the weight of a atv. Which further made me want to install weight supports.

Recently I had to replace the Cat. Mine got cloged up. I did a really good job on it and also got life time warrenty on the cat. New hard ware and everything, cleaned the muffler and pipes. But my truck wasn't running to well, would act as if the clutch was pressed when I was driving so it would wave back and forth. Mainly in 1st and 2nd gear sometimes in 3rd, but really lacking power. The truck will start doing it at almost running temp. I also installed new thermostat. It still works most of the time but then it started to die out or almost die out when coming to a stop, sometimes it would die but sometimes it wouldn't. I can manage to drive the truck, so I drive it to work and to the auto store if I need to go there. My check engine came on one day so I brought it to my Helpful buddy and his computer said it was the O2 Sensor. I tried changing it and I even bought the tool to do it, but the nut stripped, yes I know I was mad. I'm thinking of cuting it down with the sawsaz and then taking it out. But It might not work .....

Any Ideas would be helpful!

·
QuickerPICKerUPer
302 Posts
soak it down real good with some rust penetrant (WD-40) or equivelent. If its not stripped realy bad then you might still be able to get it out with the socket or a 7/8 wrench. Remember dont just try to break it loose by turning it loose, work it back and forth (even if its still tight) this will help work it free. If its too stripped out then try using some big vice grip pliers. hope this helps you out some.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its way to stripped...

But the truck did run really good today on the way to work and back...

Thanks...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts