S-10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1994 Chevy S10 LS 4.3
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 94 Chevy S10 4.3 Z vent code with the manual transmission. For some reason all of a sudden every time I go to switch gears or take it out of gear. The throttle goes high but comes back down even when I'm going down the road and third or fourth year and if I take it out it throttles up. With it like this it makes it easier to take off in second gear. Just trying to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

· Been there Done it
16,225 Posts
I assume you meant vin code Z . Could be sticky throttle cable or binding linkage on the TB or bad IAC. Vacuum leak maybe. Need more specific details and a bit of proofreading to make it clear enough for us dummies to understand.

· Registered
1994 S10 LS 4X2 with a 4.3 Liter V6 VIN Z
62 Posts
I got a 94 Chevy S10 4.3 Z vent code with the manual transmission. For some reason all of a sudden every time I go to switch gears or take it out of gear. The throttle goes high but comes back down even when I'm going down the road and third or fourth year and if I take it out it throttles up. With it like this it makes it easier to take off in second gear. Just trying to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Have you tried cleaning the throttle body itself? I know from experience a dirty throttle body will cause the throttle to behave differently. There might be gunk causing the air blades to not fully close fast enough. I had to clean mine when I first bought it because it had a similar issue. (same engine)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts