S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 93 s10 and it has a fuel issue. I'm pretty sure its bad gas because it's been sitting there for a year or longer and i want to empty the gas tank. I pulled the bed off but now i can't seem to find out how to take the fuel pump lines off. The fourth line doesnt have a screw or clip to take off so how do i take it off? Is there an easier way to empty the tank?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes... If you look closly... Theres a ring that can be turned to release the whole assembly. It turns and the assembly pulls straight up and out of the tank...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Been there Done it
10,888 Posts
That line to the very right in the pic is a vent line. Take a pair of pliers and give a gentle twist real close to the end. It should then pull right off. Try not to crack the old rubber.
That ring to remove the pump rotates easily with a drift and a hammer moving from one notch to the next to keep it from sliding off center. Once you get that ring off take a air line and blow all the dirt away before lifting the pump out. Saves trying to fish the dirt out of the tank. While you have the tank out place a folded clean rag over the hole so nothing gets in and remember you are releasing flammable vapors. If you are inside a garage keep the big door open.
Your is very rust free.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That line to the very right in the pic is a vent line. Take a pair of pliers and give a gentle twist real close to the end. It should then pull right off. Try not to crack the old rubber.
That ring to remove the pump rotates easily with a drift and a hammer moving from one notch to the next to keep it from sliding off center. Once you get that ring off take a air line and blow all the dirt away before lifting the pump out. Saves trying to fish the dirt out of the tank. While you have the tank out place a folded clean rag over the hole so nothing gets in and remember you are releasing flammable vapors. If you are inside a garage keep the big door open.
Your is very rust free.
Ok thank you I've been trying to figure out how to take that line out for awhile I'll get to it later today thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts