S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the name for he metal heater pipe on the intake that has the special fitting and where can I get one. Mine is leaking.

·
Now own a 99 Blazer 4x4
370 Posts
I believe it is the coolant bypass pipe and the fitting is called a coolant connector or coolant nipple.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can I screw the fitting out of the intake and replace it with a pipe fitting and a nipple. Is the threads pipe threads. Thanks

·
Gun Totin Redneck
1,167 Posts
Can I screw the fitting out of the intake and replace it with a pipe fitting and a nipple. Is the threads pipe threads. Thanks
It is pipe thread, get your old one out and got to your local home improvement store and match it up with something in brass.

Big warning however, those fittings tend to break pretty easy as they are normall made out of alumimum. If the pipe is still ok you can cut the crip color off and just put normal heater hose on it rather than taking a chance breaking the fitting. Major pain in the ass to get the broken fitting out if it breaks. Good news there is $10 extractor made just for it. Ask me how I know :( I did one the hard way with a die grinder and the next i bumped into the tool. Done several since without fear :)

·
Gun Totin Redneck
1,167 Posts
You can find that fitting at most auto parts stores in the "Help" section. The replacments are normally steel.

I'll see if i can find a part number or picture of the ectractor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can anyone confirm the Dorman 626-103 hose/pipe fits a 93 engine code Z. Dorman site says it fits 1989 - 1992.
It looks like it is the same as what is on my 93. I've a feeling it is, but confirmation would be much appreciated.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts