S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am looking for 1993 S10 2.8L Clutch Hydraulics options.
I am transplanting the complete drivetrain (engine, 5 spd trans, driveshaft and rear axle, also using the steering column and pedal assembly) to a 1958 Volvo 444.

I will need to replace all the hydraulics because they are weeping fluid at both ends.
I have been studying the parts availability on Rockauto and found that 1992-93 are different. For some reason they don't offer 92-93 repair kits for the cylinders.

I found some of these use a more conventional screw-in hose (like a brake hose). Is this more desirable than the type used on my 93 ?
My Volvo firewall will be different than the S10 so I have some freedom of choice here.

Do all the 2.8 L slave and master cylinder have the same bores?

Looking for some of you to chime in and give some of your knowledge to help me make the best pick.

I attached a pic of the 1958 Volvo 444 I am starting with and a Photoshop rendering of my fenderless goal.
mail (1).jpg
544 fenderless hi res.jpg

·
the new guy
667 Posts
the 92 system in my son's truck doesn't let the line unscrew from the slave. its kind of a pain in the butt because the bleed nipple is right where the line points and uses a tiny allen wrench instead of a regular 8mm or whatever size wrench

·
time to get cereal
2,261 Posts
Pretty sure '93 got the much improved world class T5, don't know if that changed the hydraulics or not...

·
the new guy
667 Posts
is there a non world class t5? whats the difference? like I think our 92 has a t5 but I don't know about this world class stuff?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts