S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know what i can do to my 2.8 fuel injected v6 to get more power. I have a k&n filter, bosch platinum +4 spaerk plugs, and running on 92 octane gas. what else can i do?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what the heck will an electric fan do to increase power?:confused:

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
A. Engine runs cooler because electric fans do a better job.
B. Engine has to use less power to cool itself (no fan to turn with a belt)

·
General L33
1,947 Posts
you can get a v6 electric taurus fan from a junkyard pretty cheap and they do a really good job at keeping the truck cool. 90+ degree days and I have to turn the ac down cause my fingers won't come off the steering wheel! Although nate is right, they do suck a lot of power.

I have seen a 200 amp alt for $189, which is a pretty good deal in my book. Somewhere out in tx sells them... alter power or something...

..also, toss the hype +4 plugs.. they are not doing anything for you. stick w/ the stock ac delcos, or go with ac delco rapid fires.

you could do a ram air setup off the snorkel of the air cleaner, that would give you some more top end. There's also headers, exhaust, computer chip, etc etc..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i didn't know that there was a ram air setup i could do to it. what would a 200 amp alternator do? right now i'm just running single 2 1/2 inch exhaust. ive been having problems finding computer chips for it. do you know where i can find one?

·
General L33
1,947 Posts
if you go with a taurus fan or have a really bumpin system, the alternator will keep things running good and allow max power to everything.

Might post another topic and ask if anyone knows about chips for the 2.8. I am sure someone will know something.

good luck.

·
General L33
1,947 Posts
if you go with a taurus fan or have a really bumpin system, the alternator will keep things running good and allow max power to everything.

Might post another topic and ask if anyone knows about chips for the 2.8. I am sure someone will know something.

good luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts