S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for any mods for a 92 vortec (cpi) 4.3 jimmy. I cant seem to find anything, but there must be something out there

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
not much.. pulleys, intake, nitrous, and modify 96+ heads to fit the manifold and thats about it

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
from there you have to do internal work or make fuel delivery changes

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
yeah they do but the chips arent much of an improvement...

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
get the heads ported and polished. much better than getting 1996+ heads to fit the engine. cold air intake, exhaust system, headers, pulleys, JET chip, port and polish and a valve job, tranny shift kit (if an auto), change gears in the rear to 3.73 if not already that. roller rockers, dont really need to change the cam because its pretty hot stock. dont listen to Hutch, he's just jealous of people who have better engines than he does...

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
umm ok... since its been tested even P&P the stock lb4 heads dont outflow the stock 96+ heads... yeah im jealous... thats why when i do heads on the tbi im going with 96+ heads...
and just so you know... you have abalancing shaft most likely... which isnt a great feature fo the 4.3 guess what mine doesnt... and th eonly other difference is slight change in heads and the fuekl injection the engine itself is the same other than the balancer shaft...

·
12,507 Posts
lb4? wtf? CPI heads are L35. get a clue. and a balancing shaft is a GOOD thing, as it BALANCES the engine and allows for a longer life. ive read all about engines w/o balancer shafts, and the shaft removal idea, and its NOT A GOOD THING. the gains from not having a shaft are MINIMAL at beat, and not felt by the average driver. dont go spouting bullshit to people who are asking for help, jackass.

·
Registered
619 Posts
can you feel the love here.

cpi is pretty much maxed out.. there are things to give you a little hp but to get the big gains your gonna have to dish out some cash... newer style heads are always a plus, but require the right intake aswell.

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
MuddyS10 said:
lb4? wtf? CPI heads are L35. get a clue. and a balancing shaft is a GOOD thing, as it BALANCES the engine and allows for a longer life. ive read all about engines w/o balancer shafts, and the shaft removal idea, and its NOT A GOOD THING. the gains from not having a shaft are MINIMAL at beat, and not felt by the average driver. dont go spouting bullshit to people who are asking for help, jackass.
blah meant l35... nehow.. the balincing shaft does balance but it also makes for more weight the crank deals with... and no doing away with the shaft is nto a bad idea... if it were so bad then ppl wouldnt be doing it and running forever with them... includign some high power TBI and carbed and vortec 4.3 guys...

·
12,507 Posts
you reduce a SMALL amount of rotating mass on the engine. wow. MASSIVE difference there, eh?

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
for somethign that doesnt need to be there yeah...

·
12,507 Posts
if it didnt need to be there it wouldnt be there anyway...wireman121, i apologizing for whoring your thread, it was totally unintentional.

·
Registered
3 Posts
for more power pull the motor and deck the block 0 degrees, bore it 30 over, throw in LT-1 pistons and get an edelbrock roller cam, send the crank to machine shop and have them offset the journals or if you can find one get an oddfire crank. Polish and shot peen the connecting rods. up top,, port and polish the heads and get 1.6 ratio rockers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts