S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I have a 1992 s10, auto rwd, 4.3 tbi, and Im trying to figure out which fuel sending unit I need. There are like 4-6 rpo code options on oreillys website, but my sticker in the glove box has none of those lol. I'm just going to post this with a crummy picture of my rpo sticker and hope someone is able to help me with that, but if there are other ways I can identify it please share. I have no clue what size the tank is, I assume it's a 13 gallon, but when I bought it the fuel gauge didn't work already so I have no idea what it actually holds, but I filled it up around 10 gallons, drove it almost exactly 160 miles and filled it up again, almost exactly 10 gallons again lol. I guess I can look up pictures of the two tanks and tell the difference from that, but there are still multiple options of sending units for either tank so I just gave up and decided to come here and ask you bunch of experts if you can help this novice.

Aside from that though, I'm about to gut most of the interior, swap blazer buckets in, install tubular control arms, new sway bar links and tie rods ends, and install my beltech lowering kit. I had hopes of LS swapping it, and even have a 2004 Tahoe I was going to rob the engine and transmission from, but times are tough and I'm short on cash and time so I think I'm just going to sell the Tahoe and fix up the s10 first, and have been trying to research a simple way of turboing it, just install a blow through carb and send it? Lol.
Font Rectangle Newspaper Number Pattern

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,332 Posts
Try here..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try here..

That site does not list s10s. I've got a bookmark for that big list of 4100 rpo codes on this site, and I've been looking the ones from my glovebox up one by one but haven't come across it yet.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Doritoboy, what's you name so we can address you properly? Since, I also happen to have a '92 4.3L auto S-10 anything you do to modify the motor will require ECM tuning. So, before you mess with looking for more power out of your V6, be sure you're prepared to spend time and money. As for the size of your gas tank, checkout your RPO codes in the lists Rhotpursuit shared with you.

Here's a suggestion: make a list of each RPO code in your glovebox. Then, go through the links to find the descriptions of whatever is on your RPO list. It is tedious exercise but once done, you know what options WERE shipped with this truck.

Good luck!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Doritoboy, what's you name so we can address you properly? Since, I also happen to have a '92 4.3L auto S-10 anything you do to modify the motor will require ECM tuning. So, before you mess with looking for more power out of your V6, be sure you're prepared to spend time and money. As for the size of your gas tank, checkout your RPO codes in the lists Rhotpursuit shared with you.

Here's a suggestion: make a list of each RPO code in your glovebox. Then, go through the links to find the descriptions of whatever is on your RPO list. It is tedious exercise but once done, you know what options WERE shipped with this truck.

Good luck!
My name is Dillon! And that's exactly what I was doing, using that master list sticky on this site, I was just confused as to why and of the RPO options from all the parts places weren't present on my sticker.

And I understand completely performance costs time and money, I bought this Tahoe specifically so I would have the engine, ecu, harness, cluster, transmission, and even a driveshaft I could have modified. But I just don't have the time to tear this car down, and I also don't really want to molest it as it's a very nice Tahoe, fully loaded LT at that. So I have it listed for sale for a profit, and someone is trying to look at it today actually, so I can use that money to either modify the 4.3, or just buy an already pulled engine and transmission and just do the swap. So far I have a brand new steering kit, a new complete lowering suspension kit, it has new front brakes, and I'm ordering tubular control arms. So the truck itself will be basically brand new. I can start modifying and throwing some power without repercussion. I planned to do a 5.3, 4l80, ford 8.8, and have a guy with a 4l80 and a guy with a ford 8.8 I can buy whenever, just need to get an engine and build it how I want and a swap kit and I'll be set. Only thing im looking at doing aside from that is intrepid fans, aeromotive fuel pump, and chrome drag wheels for the back (I had the truck painted a gloss black and have chromed it out, mirrors door handles bumpers lights fender well trim and window trim)

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Glad to meet you Dillion. As a resource, this site is the bomb! Over the years, I've learned a lot of stuff from many of the knowledgeable owners that are here. In addition to a ton of engine modification ideas, my '92 also has the Intrepid dual fan setup.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Glad to meet you Dillion. As a resource, this site is the bomb! Over the years, I've learned a lot of stuff from many of the knowledgeable owners that are here. In addition to a ton of engine modification ideas, my '92 also has the Intrepid dual fan setup.
Thank you! I've actually been on this site for months now, but I guess it deleted my account after inactivity so I had to relogin.
I have several threads saved on my phone for reference material!
My intention was to build my truck to be a fun weekend truck, capable of putting down decent numbers at the track. I wanted to build a 5.3 and use a 4l80e transmission for a good start that would last and hold good power. Just have to get everything together and slap it all in one day.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,332 Posts
Accounts are not deleted due to inactivity.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Accounts are not deleted due to inactivity.
Idk what happened then, but I couldn't log in and had to redo the account creation procedure, and then i could make this thread. But my previous threads are still on my page so I have no clue what I've done wrong lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not sure how to post so I’ll ask on this thread. I have a 91 s10 4x4 4.3 5 speed ext cab and can’t seem to find the part number for the clutch line ANYWHERE does anyone have an idea where to find it?

·
Registered
2003 GMC Sonoma SLS extended cab 4.3L auto 4x4
284 Posts
Not sure how to post so I’ll ask on this thread. I have a 91 s10 4x4 4.3 5 speed ext cab and can’t seem to find the part number ANYWHERE does anyone have an idea where to find it?
It's the part # for that......you know.........the whatsyamacallit or the dodad or the thingy.

·
Registered
2003 GMC Sonoma SLS extended cab 4.3L auto 4x4
284 Posts
Thanks for the classic melodic Monday morning pick me up - truly captures the essence of the situation. My week is now already complete in a most satisying and enjoyable manner! There are a few moments when her voice is reminiscent of Edith Bunker (Jean Stapleton) singing in All in the Family. Classic.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts