S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1992 s10 I bought rolling chassis. Its a previous drag truck that I race and street drive. The firewall forward harness, from what I call the clamshell(connection between inside fuse box and outside connection), has been destroyed. Id like to replace alot of what has been cut to regain some use of the original fuse box.

I dont care if the harness comes from a 4 cyl or 6 cyl truck. What years would have a similar clamshell connection?
1991/1993/1994?

Help would be greatly appreciate.
Ray

·
10+ 1st Gen 4.3's
268 Posts
There are 2 or 3 harnesses into that connector. 2 or 3 for a Utility, 3 on a Pick-up. The inboard is the engine harness. The outboard lower is the forward lamp harness. These lamp harnesses are pretty much the same from 90-93 (94 Utility) if you ignore provisions for ABS or RWAL brakes. The upper outboard is a 6-cavity rear lamp harness for the pick-up. For the forward lamp harness, there are differences in the washer pump wiring depending on year and engine. Sometimes the washer pump connector is in the engine harness, sometimes in the fwd lamp harness.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts