S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I've looked pretty hard, but I haven't found anything. I'll preface this post with what I WANT to do.
What I want is to do a solid front axle swap for my 1992 S10. I know there are kits I can buy to do this, but I'm trying to keep this a "budget" build by refurbishing as many parts as possible from upullandpay. The problem is finding solid axles already in S10/S15s is pretty rare around here.
This brings me around to my question: Is is possible to do an axle swap from a similar year CK/Blazer? I know they have a wider wheel base (that I'm totally cool with), but will the mounting points be too different?
Looking for someone with more experience with these trucks to answer.

If this has been posted before, I'm sorry. I couldn't find it.
If I posted this in the wrong section, I'm sorry.
IMG_20190818_130900.jpg

·
B4U Task Force Admin
25,683 Posts
I moved this to the 4WD SFA section. If you look thru here, you'll find a lot of guys doing this swap.

·
Registered
646 Posts
If I was doing it again, I’d just buy the hangers for the rear of the front springs from off road direct (I think sky’s manufacturing owns them now) and maybe their crossmember. Then I’d build the front spring mount. Probably using front wagoneer or rear Dakota springs.

As for 80s Chevy axles, you’d need a passenger side drop transfer case. Nothing really bolts up because s series has a 5 bolt pattern on the back of the transmission vs 6 bolt pattern that most everything else has. Drivers side drop axles make the swap easier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts